New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you do today?
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Got my tulle pre-carve from Pecatonica last week. Was going to try to make a stock from a plank, but the arthritis said I wasn't allowed to try. I will try to make a New England Fowler. Hopefully I won't turn about $500 worth of parts into a $250 gun.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Got my fingers crossed.... Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Helped the wife pin two more quilts for Stippling.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Belt deep in gardening and canning

Booshway
posted Hide Post
My wife plays the ukulele in a string band. Today instead of going to our regular church she played with the band at the 1st Methodist Church for the congregation there.
I went in to town and did a couple of errands. Normally I run such errands on Monday's but I have a lot to do tomorrow, so I took care of some of the stuff today, such as grocery shopping.
Rain off and on all day today. I dodged the showers as I packed things in my truck and camp trailer. Grandson and I will head for Jekyll Island, GA. first thing Tuesday morning for several days of camping, beach combing, and surf fishing.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I recall Jekyll as being very nice. Though I've been there a few times the last was my honeymoon back in 1971. Enjoy yourself, Rancocas.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, you ARE an old fart, Hanshi...1971 was my freshman year in High School....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boartooth:
Lol, you ARE an old fart, Hanshi...1971 was my freshman year in High School....

Uuuuh...Boartooth, I was only 9 yoa in '71 and was victimized by a...uh, 10 year old cougar; and yes they started out younger back then. I'm actually a lot younger now than I was back then.

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Started doing nothing yesterday ,Did not get it finished so finishing up today. I ain't no quitter

Factor
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, you stole that line from a Bob Dylan (I think) song I remember from way back then,lol.

Walk, I resemble that statement....

Pilgrim
Picture of JoeM
posted Hide Post
Went to the Range and shot some gongs with my .40 cal Rifle. Lot's of fun!!! Smiler

Ohio Joe / Chadron Fur Trade Days

Posts: 69 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Today I worked with my squeeze on our long term remodeling of an enclosed porch into a half bath, office and a mud room. Yep, 3 rooms (big porch). Here's a neat one.

Factor
posted Hide Post
LOLOLOL!

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Ah...today. I got a very good nights sleep. But when I woke my neck said, "BUT YOU DID IT WRONG"! Just been spending the day in pain.

Booshway
posted Hide Post
I made a tapered rod for my 20 gauge fowler. Tapered from 1/2" to 5/16". I just had the barrel reamed from 580 to 620. Going shooting tomorrow to start working out a load. BP season opens here October 1st!!!

Posts: 552 | Location: SC | Registered: 03 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
"Oh, what is abroad in the marsh and the terminal sea?
Somehow my soul seems suddenly free
From the weighing of fate and the sad discussion of sin,
By the length and the breadth and the sweep of the marshes of Glynn."

one stanza from "The Marshes of Glynn" by Sidney Lanier

I have returned from the Marshes of Glynn, from the Georgia Sea Isles, the Golden Isles, of Jekyll Island in particular. Good trip, although not productive of its main purpose of catching fish. It certainly was most good to get away, out of touch with the world, unknowing of the evils and perils of mankind, if only for a few days. Sun, sand, and salt water.
The fishing was poor. Salt water catfish and stingrays were our most numerous catch, with a few small croakers, and one decent size spotted sea trout that my grandson Steve caught. Steve had also connected with something rather large, but after a short fight in which the fish never surfaced, so we never saw it, his line broke and the creature got away.
However, Steve certainly did have the luck, whether good or bad remains to be seen, of catching some odd, unusual things. A softball size clam clamped down on his fishing line and Steve hauled it in. A rather large horseshoe crab nibbled at Steve's bait and was snagged on his hook. He brought that in. (I'm sure that horseshoe crabs are rarely caught by hook and line.) Thirdly, a juvenile Ridley's sea turtle swallowed Steve's baited hook. That prompted an emergency call to the Sea Turtle Rescue Center that happened to be right there on the other side of the island. A surgeon there removed the hook. Happily, all three sea creatures were released again, although the turtle will have to spend a few days in recovery at "The Turtle Hospital" before it is released, but it will be fine.
In addition to our fishing exploits, we watched the capture and removal of a nuisance alligator. I didn't think alligators ventured into salt water, but we learned that they do, indeed, descend into the Marshes of Glynn and to the edge of the sea from time to time. The wildlife biologist who captured it told me that 'gators can tolerate up to about 30 days in the salt but then they must go back up the tidal creeks and return to fresh water again. The one we watched them capture by snagging it with blunted hook and heavy fishing line, pulling it in close to get a noose over it and then drag it onto the beach, had been reported in the area for about a week and a half. It was approaching people and so a danger especially to small children and pets. It was about 6' long.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good time was had!

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Indeed it does sound like a very good time you all had. Me, I loafed all day still nursing a bad neck. Ugh!

Booshway
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
What did you do today?

Today, 9/10, I went early to the YMCA and did my usual workout. Back at home I replaced a broken hinge on our screen back door. Then I pulled up all my tomato, beans, and peppers out of my garden. I haven't carried away the debris yet.
After lunch I sat down here.
I think next I will start another landscape painting. I have an idea for a scene with a lot of white birch trees.

Pilgrim
Picture of JoeM
posted Hide Post
Well let me think...

I mowed the lawn (or weed patch) however one looks at it... Loaded a ball block for my next Range trip with the .45... Tinkered a bit in my workshop (nothing worth mentioning). Really nothing more than that I guess, but the day's still young... Smiler

Ohio Joe / Chadron Fur Trade Days

Posts: 69 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post