New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi from Kansas
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
I recently purchased a new Cabela's hawken percussion rifle in 54cal. I am a grain and livestock farmer from north central part of Kansas. I'm wanting to learn all I can about bp to enjoy my new hobby.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 18 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Stedeu, welcome to the campfire. I can tell you that you're at the right place.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Welcome aboard.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to teh Fire. that 54 will take deer down like the hammer of Thor. Trust me on this, I've taken 9 deer with 54's.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire.
I grew up in Topeka, and lived for several years in Whitewater, just north of Wichita. There is a great club HQed in El Dorado, the Walnut Valley Muzzleloaders. I'm sure there are clubs closer to you, though. Good luck with the new rifle.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I live in Wyandotte. Shoot in McLouth and at a range in DeSoto. If I can help let me know. Dan.

Posts: 31 | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire. You are indeed in the right place. A lot of nice people with a wealth of knowledge. I've learned a lot here. I'm some what close to you, me being in the northern Texas panhandle. I look forward to your posts.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post