Find
Notify
Tools

Lonely here nowadays
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted
I've been checking the campfire every couple of days for a while and man is it lonely here. So I figured I'd add something even if it was just a complaint. Well, here's my complaint, such as it is.
Who is gonna post next? You, or you, or how about you over there in the corner. It's past time don't you all think?

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
WAACK, waak,waak,waak!!!! ......Howdy! We may be a bit of a ways from doing it, but we're starting to think 'bout what to grow in our garden this year. Mainly drought tolerant goodies....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wander by every few days also. Usually its a ghost town.
Well, we went to Florida for a week. Wife's having cataract surgery on Monday. I went trout fishing a couple of days ago. But the river was running high and I didn't get a nibble. Went to a county sheriff's gun auction today. They were selling off about 50 guns that they had confiscated over the past year. I got one number on the last MegaMillion Lottery drawing. uhh; that's about it.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, it occurred to me that some here may be so busy watching the ridgeline that we kinda' lose track of the more pleasant aspects of life...If ya know what I mean...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I was to the Echoes of the Past Trade fair Oshkosh Feb 26-27. It was smaller than in the past but still plenty to see and do. April 23 we have our 3 man team shoot at Beloit Rifle club, Beloit Wi. After the shoot we have annual Wisconsin Muzzleloader Meeting. It will be a good time. Mark

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Markh;

Do you happen to know Paul S*** from Rockford, IL? I hesitate to mention his full name here on the Internet. He is a portly guy, upper 70's, with a white beard. He builds some real nice longrifles.
He is connected with a local muzzleloader club in Rockford, but they also often go up into Wisconsin for shoots.
We met at the York Shoot here in Tennessee over 20 years ago. Paul built my chunkgun for me. Since those many years past both of us have declining eyesight and so have given up competition shooting.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
It is slow, not to long ago it was hard to keep up with all the posts. Ft Frederick and Loudon will be here before we know it! LD are you around

Posts: 232 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 10 October 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Rancocas, yes, I do know Paul and shoot with him at Beloit Wi and Rockford also. I have an Ohio style rifle he built in 50 cal. Iam sure he will be at Wi state team shoot. His family are into muzzleloading also. He and family are members of WMLRA as well. He is a chunk gun shooter. He still comes up and shoots.

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Great.
Paul and his wife, Sandi. Haven't seen them in a couple of years now.
When you see him again you might mention that you talked with John K... from Tennessee. They have visited us here, and also in Michigan when we lived up there. And my wife and I have been to their home.
Oh wow! Did I say I met them 20 years ago? More like 30!

Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
I will do that. Mark

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Well, let's see. I did go to a gun show two weekends ago, bought some bullets and something else - fine memory I have now - I can't recall. Got to meet some folks face to face that I previously knew only by their forum tags. Got to meet a well known gun builder and other really fine people. Fun and exhausting.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post