Find
Notify
Tools

New National Geographic Article
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted
The new July 2015 issue of National Geographic has a short article with photos of fur trade reenactors at rendezvous. I don't think the writer really knows much about reenactment or the fur trade, but he did his best and he took some good pictures.

It was nice to see something like this in a mainstream periodical.

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Good is good

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I will look for it on the news stand. Thanks

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B Staley:
I will look for it on the news stand. Thanks

You might be too late, Hoss. The fur trade / reenactor article was in the July issue. The September issue is already out at this point.

Chances are you know somebody who subscribes and you can borrow the magazine. National Geographic may even have it online by now.

I hope you can find the article, though. It was good to see.

Notchy Bob

"Should have kept the old ways just as much as I could, and the tradition that guarded us. Should have rode horses. Kept dogs."

from The Antelope Wife

Posts: 333 | Location: Florida | Registered: 24 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
Public library might have it on their shelves.

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Here is a link I found: http://ngm.nationalgeographic....tain-men/berlin-text

Part Man, Part Critter
Born under the watch of the Great Spirit

Posts: 71 | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Notchy Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Ugly:
Here is a link I found: http://ngm.nationalgeographic....tain-men/berlin-text

Good trackin', Big Ugly! You picked up the trail and follered it to the end.

The link that Big Ugly posted is actually better than the printed article, with more photos and a video.

Check it out!

Notchy Bob

from The Antelope Wife

Factor
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I know most of them. AMM brothers, and some Women of the Fur Trade ladies.

Posts: 507 | Registered: 14 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post