New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello the Camp
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Since I have posted here I guess I should introduce myself. I am called Fancy. I got that name from my liking of long fringe. As the 1830's missionary women wrote of the mountain men at rondy, "They had fringe dripping from every seam of such a length that it became a burden to carry."
I have been shooting black powder for 30+ yrs and have done rondys for a fair spell. I am a recent member of AMM and I think I held the distinction of having been their oldest pilgrim for a while.
I do Native American style brain tanning(no chemicals just brains and water) and this winter I am trying my hand at brain tanning 3 buff robes, again no chemicals. I had a nice Lady from The Women of the Fur Trade show me how to do buff robes last fall. Many thanks to those fine Ladies.

Posts: 22 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 01 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Howdy and welcome. Big Grin

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, Fancy. Since you're an old hand don't be surprised when others start asking you questions for help. Meantime just get comfortable and make yourself at home.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Fancy, welcome to the campfire from the other side of the state!

Scarhand

Posts: 226 | Location: Fort Hall, ID | Registered: 11 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Scarhand, know the area well. Lived in Poky for 5 yrs in the 80's. My AMM sponsors were members of the Poison River Party. The gentleman who taught me to brain tan years ago lives in American Falls. As a matter of fact some Native Americans who bought some of my hides called it Fort Hall type brain tan. Also lived in Soda Springs many years ago.

Posts: 22 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 01 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Fire;

Thanks

"But I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it." Bear Claw Chris Lapp

Posts: 516 | Location: Ft Parker/Ft Manuel Lisa | Registered: 15 April 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Fancy
I'm down in the Boise settlement proper. We're a couple miles from Barber Park, up by where that powerline fire was a few years ago.

Sparks

"I thought when you said you chased tornadoes, it was just a metaphor."
--soon to be ex-fiance in Twister

Posts: 247 | Location: Boise | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to fire Fancy you will find good folks here.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Sparks, thanks for the welcome. Maybe we will run into each other some day. Not too many out there with my name.