Find
Notify
Tools

message in a bottle
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Hey Ya'll;

I thought I would stick a message in a bottle and jam it in a crotch of a tree where it might be found by some wayward, passing pilgrim.

All is well down here in the Ocoee River country of southeast Tenasi.
We're having some mixed up weather between warm sunshine and cool thunderstorms, but spring is definitely here. We had a regular blizzard early in March that left several inches of snow here at lower elevations, but quite a bit more up higher in the mountains. Nice, spring days here now, however.
I'll be planting my garden in just a couple more weeks.

Wife and I did journey down to Florida back in February to enjoy some sun and sand for a few days. Did not have much luck fishing, however.

The Alvin York chunkgun shoot will be this coming Saturday, up in the Valley of the Three Forks of the Wolf, at Pall Mall, Tenasi. I haven't been there since 2019, and don't plan to go again this year, either.
However, the annual TN/KY Longrifle Show, just north of Knoxville, is coming up the end of April. I may go to that. But, at the same time there is a big shotgun event over in North Carolina that I might attend instead. If I do that one, I will probably go on after it to the Outer Banks of Cape Hatteras for a few days of surf fishing. The price of gasoline will have much influence on my decision on what I will do.

Wife had cataract surgery on both eyes. It went well and she is doing fine.
My last checkup found no sign of lymphoma returning. I'm doing well for an old codger.

Spring turkey hunting season will open here in Tenasi on April 2. I'm ready.

So, if any of you pass through here add a note to the bottle.

Cheers

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Just a little note in your bottle; hearing all is well in your camp makes the spring weather just a little nicer.... See ya down the trail.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Found the bottle; it had been knocked down to the ground. Luckily I was watching where I put my feet or I would have missed it.

SE Ohio weather has been typical for March. Below freezing for a few days, then up in the 50s & 60s. 23 this morning. Forecast is for 70+ on Wednesday, with rain of course. I may sneak off this morning to burn some powder as I haven't done so in several months.

Posts: 70 | Registered: 07 January 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Hanshi here, reporting live from the top of New England. Temperature is at the highest for the day at 30 degrees. But what makes it so brutal is the 35 mph wind that feels as if it is coming off a glacier. Howling winter wind is the usual thing but spring isn't too far away. In fact temps in the 40s will start up by Thursday with Friday maybe around 50! It'll go down again but temps will be bouncing like a ball until June or certainly May. Hanshi signing off from Maine so back to you.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol, yeah we are having the same type of bouncing around for temps, etc. However, our temps are in the 40's to 50's.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
New England can evermore get COLD!

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post