MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Welcome to the 'Fire!    Just found this site and seek some information
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just found this site and seek some information
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Years ago I bought, from a sutler at Fort Ticonderoga, a full-stocked, tiger striped maple flintlock of .45 cal. The barrel is marked "BINGHAM"...I have been trying to find out something about the person who made this beautiful rifle...sure is a sweet shooter. All the gun furniture is iron...nothing flashy...kind of like a good looking woman who doesn't wear make up...only way I know how to describe the subtle beauty of this rifle. Does anyone have any information on this rifle maker?
Thanks...Ed

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Ed. Those .45 longrifles are great on deer and load down well for small game. I'm sure someone can help you with your rifle.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3506 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks...
Sure hope someone knows something about this rifle...a real beauty...I named her ANNIE (Guess you can always tell an old Davy Crockett fan)
Ed

Posts: 2 | Registered: 23 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Fire.
Do you believe that nice rifle will like being named after a cheap wine? Annie Green Springs, yuk!

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire. I bet that someone here more knowledgeable than myself can help you with your rifle question. Look foward to visiting with you at the fire.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post