Find
Notify
Tools

Greeting from southern Indiana
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of Walking Bear 1954
posted
Hello greetings and salutations. New to smoke poles not firearms 22 years military and 13 law enforcement. Love to hunt, camp and shoot. Been reloading for 35 years. I am a hobby leather worker self taught. Anxious to get my first non in line muzzleloader. All advice would be greatly appreciated percussion flint etc. I am particular to short barrel rifles.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep that can contest the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 33 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 14 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire, great to see new members as its been a little quiet lately. I'm very confident you will fully enjoy this new adventure called traditional muzzleloading. I know I have the bug!
Take care
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, Walking Bear 1954. There are plenty of knowledgeable BP guys around the fire that are happy to answer your questions. This is a good place to start down the traditional muzzleloader path.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Walking Bear and Rupe! Nice folks here, so grab some coffee and enjoy the brotherhood.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire ! Nothing like hunting with a good Flintlock!

Posts: 101 | Location: Davidsville , PA | Registered: 10 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Howdy Walking Bear;

I put in close to 30 years in law enforcement. I was a pistol and shotgun instructor. I think I was 5 years old when Dad let me shoot a .32 revolver for the first time. Been a hunter since I was 10. I tried hunting with a bow and arrows for several years and finally decided that it wasn't for me. Borrowed an original 1861 Springfield rifled musket and killed a buck with it. That was 30 some years ago, and since then I hunt almost exclusively with traditional muzzleloaders. Even built a few myself.

Once that old blackpowder bug bites you good and hard, you are not likely to get over it.

There are a good bunch of guys here. Ask questions and you should get some good answers.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post