New
Find
Notify
Tools

Introduction
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Hello, everyone! I'm new and this is my first post. I live in north-west Georgia and have been
shooting black powder guns ever since my Dad got
me that first CVA Kentucky kit rifle for my 13th
birthday in 1976! I have been an avid history buff since age 9, and have always gravitated to-
wards the older guns. I don't care much for any-
thing more modern than WW2. In the 80's, I got into the NSSA, and then later cowboy action shooting and black powder cartridge rifles.
I guess I have come full circle, because in 2002
I purchased an Early Virginia rifle from TVM. It
is a beauty, and shoots as good as it looks. I also own a shiloh sharps 45-70, shiloh 1863 military rifle in 54 cal., colt 1861 navy (Uberti), colt SAA 45, Winchester '73 44-40 rifle, and several military rifles from 1800's
to WW2. I also enjoy family history research.
Turns out my great x5 grandfather was an early
settler in Tennessee. He was one of the "Over
Mountain" men in the holston river settlements.
Guess that's why I've been spending more time with my virgini rifle!

Posts: 9 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Howdy Michael Big-D here in North Central Alabama looks like we're neighbors enjoy the campfire it's a good place to chat, learn, and relax. Keep your powder dry and always keep burning powder.

Posts: 86 | Location: North central Alabama, Limestone County, Athens | Registered: 09 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Michael. Great place to be with like minded folks.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Hey Michael. Pleasure to meet ya. This is a great friendly forum with lots of nice folks and a lot of info. Glad to have ya.
Bearclaw

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Michael, Welcome to the Campfire. I live in the Northwest too (Pacific Northwest, that is) so we have something in common. And I like Sharps rifles as well. Come back to this fire often and tell us more about your good shooting. Shoot sharp's the word, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Hi, Michael G. I'm originally from NE Ga. Welcome to the campfire; have a seat around the flames, drink coffee and start talking.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post