New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Hams here?
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Been a ham since 1987 or 88. Anybody here get excited about radio communication. I think more of it than I do tv.

Yours in shooting

Posts: 36 | Location: Yuma Az. | Registered: 16 June 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
My Dad was a HAM radio operator for many years (1950's - 1980's). He had a corner of the basement set up as his radio room, and antennas all over the back yard.
He talked with people all over the world. He was especially thrilled when he talked with someone on a ship at sea since Dad had once been a merchant seaman himself. Also, he was a Czech and enjoyed talking with Czechs and Slovaks in Europe. One time I remember he talked with someone on Easter Island in the South Pacific.
I still remember his call sign; WA2CVQ.
Dad tried real hard to interest my brother and myself in HAM radio, but to no effect. We simply were not interested.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
One really has to have an interest in that sort of thing. Nowadays the youth don't have much interest because of all the computers and smart phone and ipod gaming. Sadly radio is diminishing.

Yours in shooting

Posts: 36 | Location: Yuma Az. | Registered: 16 June 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hi Kelly. I always had an interest in the HAM radios. My dad was really into those things.

However, I do not need another hobby. I will never complete all the projects in my mind as is. Big Grin

Respectfully, DanL

God bless America and Alba Gu Brath!

Posts: 569 | Location: God's farm in Alabama | Registered: 07 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Yep, ke0btb, since 2014

Mholder
saline Co MO

Posts: 4 | Location: Saline County MO | Registered: 16 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't post but I'm ka3uif.

Yours in shooting

Factor
posted Hide Post
KI7JMZ here. Up here in the PNW.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
The Yuma ham cub will be sponsoring a good size hamfest toward the end of February here in the Yuma Co. fairgrounds and buildings. Ill post the dates when I get them.

Yours in shooting