Find
Notify
Tools

boohju niiji
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of dances with mules
posted
Greetings y'all. I've been reading the various questions and replies at this campfire for many years. Finally trying to join in. My computer skills are godawful, but I'll try to do my best, maybe learn something. Like a lot of guys, I started out doing Western Trapper stuff. Wonderful time period. For the last 6 or so years I've been interested in more 'longhunter/colonial' personas. I live in the western Great Lakes area, New France, near the Oui scon son river. I'm a farrier by day, starving artist by night (oils,acrylics,watercolors...). If I can get this to work, I'll be soon asking some questions about a scout in the Dan'l Boone Nat'l Forest next Spring when myself and several friends are going to the Raid at Martin's Station. Talk to you more then.

Posts: 16 | Registered: 11 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire!

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Hello, Boohju!
I'm in the N. W. corner of Arkansas, meself, but was raised in Illinois. Been into this wonderful lifestyle some thirty-five years now, and I must say, the people I've encountered along the way have for the very most part, been the best. Always ready to help, friendly, full of advice, and just plain pleasant folks. This is my first post on the forum, but not my last. Though I enjoy rendezvous, and love to build articles for trekkers, trekking is my favorite part, by far. Usually alone, but with others a very few times. It is nice to spend time on the trail with like-minded folks, though. We don't have much winter snow here, not like in Illinois, and certainly not like up your way, but then, these mountains are mighty slick in mocassins. Looking forward to meeting you at Martin's!

Posts: 33 | Location: Bentonville, Arkansas | Registered: 26 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our campfire, D. W. Mules. My passion is also the colonial period through the 1812 era. Love longrifles.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of dances with mules
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Boohju niiji, if I'm spelling it correctly is Ojibway for 'hello friend' at least I think so.... What is an URL ? or an HTML? I've tried putting a photo of me and my mule and horse up but no luck so far.... It's all Greek to me.........

Posts: 16 | Registered: 11 October 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Dances With Mules.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post