New
Find
Notify
Tools

New guy on the block
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
I just joined up tonight. I don't own a muzzeloader yet but am in the process in the near future to be an owner of one. I'm only hear to listen and learn. After shooting one today at a local shoot I can't wait to get involved. Reminds me of Trad Archery.

Posts: 56 | Location: Montana | Registered: 06 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, Zebadi'ah. The guys sitting around this fire will certainly be able to help you come up with a good muzzleloader.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, I've only shot one of these a handful of times and I believe I've found the connect with the rifle I've been looking for all these years that a scoped rifle doesn't give me anymore of ever did for that matter. I started hunting with open sighted revolvers a decade or more ago and feel the same about those. So many infectious myths people create about certain firearms and until you dissect them for yourself do you really know. I've found some of the best people are trad shooters.

Posts: 56 | Location: Montana | Registered: 06 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Zebadi'ah. Good place to hang out and learn. You say you just want to listen but before ya know it you'll be joinin' in. It just can't be helped lol I think the thing about M/L hunting is it's more about the experience and the hunt more than the kill . At least for me.

Don't trust what don't rust !

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of Spotted Bull
posted Hide Post
Welcome home! Good luck on your search for the perfect black powder rifle for yourself! You may find that MANY are perfect. BP firearms are like...ya just can't get enough!

It is pitiful when a man lets his ego push his intelligence beyond his ignorance.

Posts: 55 | Location: Waxahachie, TX | Registered: 20 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Welcome, but don't sit on the outside. There are plenty of people with knowledge to share and no question is unworthy of asking. There are a few muzzleloader forums, but absolutely none friendlier than this one. Please don't be shy.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome and glad to know ya. I look forward to reading your posts. Lot of good knowledge here. I've learned a lot. I look at it like Hanshi's signature..."Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff". I'm one of the young guys hanging out.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post