Find
Notify
Tools

Howdy from Texas
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of 71Eagle
posted
Just found this forum while researching a gun maker.

Have been shooting MLs since I got my first one made in 1978 by Davie Boultinghouse then from Round Rock, Texas. Have been a shooter since I was about 5, started getting interested in MLs about 1976. Enjoys buckskinning and living history. When I was in the Army in Hohenfels Germany, belonged to the Northern Bavarian Renegade Rifles in Grafenwohr. German and American members.

Retired at Fort Hood Texas in 2001 and have been here since 1994. Looking to get into Texas Revolution/Republic re-enacting.

Posts: 12 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome Eagle.....Do you shoot smoothbores or rifles?

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Howdy Eagle

Former Texan here. Cool

And thank you much for your service.

Hoorah & Semper Fi.

Men in Kilts are Warriors, Guys in Skirts are Just Plane Gay.

Posts: 3 | Location: Phx,Az | Registered: 15 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of 71Eagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boartooth:
Welcome Eagle.....Do you shoot smoothbores or rifles?

No smoothbores. I have a custom .54 Hawken and .40 Southern Mountain Rifle, flinter. Plus a few more pistols. I do have an old CVA SxS .12ga that I put together from a kit. I've shot skeet with it but that was a very long time ago.

Posts: 12 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 August 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of 71Eagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMC_Dad:
Howdy Eagle

Former Texan here. Cool

And thank you much for your service.

Hoorah & Semper Fi.

I spent a couple years at Fort Knox teaching Marines to be tankers. Had Marines and Soldier in the unit. It was a lot of fun. I left with a Navy/Marine Achievement Medal, pretty good for an Army DAT. One award I'm very proud of.

Semper Fi, do or die!

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Great to have you with us, Eagle. Pull up a stump and get comfortable.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Fire 71Eagle. This fire is quite the place, you can get all the info you need and all the @##$%&* you don't need. The trick is to know when you're getting the straight dope or getting the wool pulled over your eyes. Big Grin

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post