Notify
Tools

Hello from Minnesota
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of Stone Fence
posted
Greetings all,
A little about myself. I grew up in Michigan in the 70s & 80s where my family owned a gun shop that specialized in MLs and possibles. As you can imagine, it was a good way to be. Got away from the BP world somewhere between time in the Army, college, career, kids, etc. But now I'm back and looking forward to sitting by the fire again. Make the coffee strong 'cause I have some catching up to do!

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 20 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
The coffee is ready when you are,,welcome into the Fire!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome.....Smiler

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Welcome to you from here in Virginia!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire, Stone Fence. Cozy up and start in the discussions. Coffee's okay; but there's also an old clay jug being passed around that you may find more interesting.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
hey Hanshi... are you going down to wilderness Road shoot in May (memorial day?)

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Welcome stone fence! Smiler

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of TurkeyCreek
posted Hide Post
Welcome StoneFence! Glad to have you back in the real world! And we make sure we keep one of them great big coffee boilers on the fire at all times! Just add a few more grounds an some more water to the mother and keep er going!

"They do not live their lives 'by your leave'! They hack it out of the wilderness with their own two hands, bearing their children along the way!" - Cora Monroe - "Last Of The Mohicans"

Posts: 186 | Location: Turkey Creek on Cimarron Drainage | Registered: 10 September 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hiya!

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome from Pa.

Posts: 29 | Location: Central Pa. | Registered: 02 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Welcome Stone Fence from a life long "Michigander". Wait a minute.....them gander's are female. Correction, life long "Michigooser". Eeker

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
My understanding of the word is that a "goose" is female,and a "gander" is male.....I have no idea what a "Michigander" is..... Big Grin

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
OOPS a daisy Boartooth!!! I got to thinkin again and that can be dangerous! You are right and I stand corrected. Welcome from a native "MichiGANDER"!!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Stone Fence
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, and I'm glad you worked out the difference between Michiganders and Michigoosers. Smiler

My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 27 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: 20 February 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Welcome!
It doesn't take long to feel welcome with this fine group of people.
Ron

Posts: 62 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 10 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post