New
Find
Notify
Tools

hello the camp
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Just a little intro.im carrying the handle buckskin1.I ain't no pup,spent 61 years on God's green earth. I live in Schuylkill co.pa.I've been burning powder since 1972.my first muzzleloader was a 45 cal.percussion rifle I built with the help of a friend. My current favorite is a 54 cal.great plains rifle given to me by my children. Shes proven herself to be a good rifle.hope to learn a few things and maybe pass a few things along.

Posts: 28 | Location: Schuylkill co.pa. | Registered: 31 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, buckskin. Many of us have been around a long time, too, but are still learning. And we can always use another old timer with lots of experience.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire!
~Josh

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Tin-Type
posted Hide Post
Hello buckskin 1,

Welcome to the group. I too started burnin' charcoal in the mid 70's in Eastern WA. Now, being a life long lefty, I now shoot a LEFT-Handed flinter of .54 cal. I am a retired photographer who lives in Seattle WA. I still shoot portraits and rondys and other re-enactments of colonial and civil war groups. Hence the name of Tin Type. Again, welcome!!

'Til yer nightmares become saddled horses'
"Tin-Type"

Posts: 615 | Location: North Seattle, Salish Sea Area | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I thank all you gents for the welcome.I hope to be able to bring somethig to the campfire.in the 1970s-80s I ran a 30 mile trapline that enabled my family to have Christmas more than once.I was lucky enough to partner up with an ol coon who lived the traditional life. He built his own rifles and pistolstrapped,raised his own vegetables and meat and hunted in season.the man was truely born out of time.I was young enough to do what he wanted and smart enough to listen. I hope to be able to help others in the future.

Posts: 28 | Location: Schuylkill co.pa. | Registered: 31 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to fire buckskin. This is a great place to share and to learn. I learn things all the time on here and I am certainly no youngster.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post