New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello All!
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Hello all! My name's John and I'm from Pittsburgh, PA originally but now live about an hour NW of there near the Ohio line. I've been into firearms, including muzzleloaders for as long as I can remember. My Dad got me into them as a young kid and now at 41, I'm into them more than ever. I have several firearms but the only muzzleloader that I own is a Lyman Great Plains Rifle in .54 that I inherited when my Dad passed a couple years ago. I want to make a pouch and horn to go along with it and get out and shoot with it more. Maybe go hunting for the first time. I hope to build or buy a Fusil, Brown Bess or a longrifle in the future since the 18th century is where my main interests are. I look forward to checking out the forum and getting to know some people. Take care!

Posts: 5 | Location: Darlington, PA | Registered: 26 October 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire, we used to have a guy here that made good coffee, but I haven't seen him in a while. So we just make do...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
It is a little slow around here now but hopefully it will pick up. Welcome, Mark/WI.

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Yo, my advice is to ease into the life-style. It's a big step, but one you'll never regret taking.

Posts: 33 | Location: Bentonville, Arkansas | Registered: 26 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome.
Many of us make our own pouches, horns, etc., so ask questions. This is a knowledgeable bunch.
I have a cousin who lives up your way in NW PA.

But, yeah, its been awful slow around here lately.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boartooth:
Welcome to the fire, we used to have a guy here that made good coffee, but I haven't seen him in a while. So we just make do...

Thanks Boartooth! That's ok, I don't drink much coffee anyways.

Posts: 5 | Location: Darlington, PA | Registered: 26 October 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
markh
"It is a little slow around here now but hopefully it will pick up. Welcome, Mark/WI."
Thanks Mark! Hope so!

Darrell Lynch
"Yo, my advice is to ease into the life-style. It's a big step, but one you'll never regret taking."

Oh I plan on taking my time with it but I appreciate your advice Darrell. Thank you.

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rancocas:
Welcome.
Many of us make our own pouches, horns, etc., so ask questions. This is a knowledgeable bunch.
I have a cousin who lives up your way in NW PA.

But, yeah, its been awful slow around here lately.

I appreciate that Rancocas! I will have some questions I'm sure.
That's cool. I love being from and living in Pennsylvania. It's a beautiful state and you're never vey far from the woods.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Howdy and Welcome.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire. Jump right in and start your path to the dark side.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks Loyalist Dave and Hanshi!

Factor
posted Hide Post
Yes, welcome!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post