New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Canada
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Howdy Troops!I am ex-airforce [RCAF], Ive been playing with black about for ever[cut-open fireworks and toy cannon,you know the drill!]started shooting at matches about 1954 and made the first pilgrimage to Friendship in 1963.I lived in Toronto from 1967 to .76, that was great, I got down to Friendship twice a year, every year, but then moved to Vancouver Island. I usually make the big shoot at Heffley Creek, but I still miss Friendship. I just got back from a gunshow in Courtenay, where I saw a modern copy of an air rifle by Mortimer, It looks like a really beautiful halfstocked flintlock sporting rifle of the 1815-1820 period, with a spherical air reservoir hanging under the fore-arm. The work,[imho] is the equal of the original, the walnut stock is an exceptional piece of wood, perfectly fitted.The owner,an old friend, told me that the maker had also made long rifles for NMLRA,s Muzzle Blasts' gun-give-away draw.Do any of you know this gentleman's name?[Not that I'm about to order one! My friend also told me what they cost!!] All for now, Cheers! Oldguy

Posts: 19 | Registered: 17 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Oldguy. You're in good company at this camp. Tell us what you like to shoot, longrifles, smoothbores, Hawkens, etc; flint, cap or both? Jump in and make yourself at home.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Oldguy. This is a great place to be and there are plenty of like minded folks.

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the wellcome!I shoot about everything, hit very little.I really like flint,I've built a long fowler a kentucky and a couple of flint pistols and another 10 percussion ones. My lady friend shoots one of my underhammers, [Beats me with it occasionally!]Mostly I shoot a Siber.33.Off a bench, it will make 1/2" 5 shot groups all day.Standing with one arm waving about in the breeze they open up just a tad.About half a foot.I don't really expect to shoot the way I did when I was 20 but it's fun trying!

Posts: 19 | Registered: 17 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I shoot flint myself .54 long rifle. Fun to shoot and shooting off hand I'm not as accurate as I once was, but still fun Smiler

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Fire. Also, welcome neighbor, I'm just down the coast from you in WA State. I hunt and attend rendezvous so put up with our wet weather and muzzleloaders.

load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post