New
Find
Notify
Tools

another newbe here
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
Thought I'd come out of the shadows and say howdy. Got bit by the black powder bug about three years ago and had the fever ever since. Got me a 50 cal flint, 44 new army, and a 16 guage capper. With a little info from you folks we might have to do something about that cap thing. Hey, at least it ain't a inline!

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome! Smiler

Nothing wrong with caplocks. I have some as well as my flintlocks, though you should be warned..., that caplock thing is just a fad. Should start to fade away any day now.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
welcome brian to the fire grab a cup of coffee and be preared to meet alot of good people there is good informationm you will find here so don't be afraid to ask question some one outchere has an answer for you btw, where do you hail from?

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, brian. Sounds like you're in pretty deep, already. It's addictive.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Brian. We all have been bitten by the bug too.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
As a matter of fact I was having a cup of coffee, and I'm coming at you out of
north west georgia. Ain't to many folk around here to gather info from so I'm kinda depending on good folks like you.

quote:
Originally posted by Newoodsrunner:
welcome brian to the fire grab a cup of coffee and be preared to meet alot of good people there is good informationm you will find here so don't be afraid to ask question some one outchere has an answer for you btw, where do you hail from?

Posts: 82 | Location: north georgia | Registered: 12 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
glad to see you, Brian.

Posts: 13 | Registered: 05 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome Brian. If you want to learn this is the place. I don't think it's possible to ask a question here that someone doesn't know.Or at least can't point you in the right direction.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome Brian it is always good to get some new folks sittin' around the campfire. I too have both cap and flint. Prefer the flinters but also shoot the caps occasionally.

Ferd
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is freedom and liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 16 | Location: Hot Springs, Ar. | Registered: 26 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Thats me Ferd, I don't want people to get the wrong idea cause I like to pull the trigger on anything blackpowder but I really like the flintlocks.