Tools

black powder
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
went to bass pro last week end with gift cars
to spend. no percussion caps and they didnt
even know what black powder was. all they
had was pyrodex. couldnt really get in ther heads what i wanted.

Posts: 32 | Location: mo. ozarks | Registered: 02 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Maybe due to storage regulations Bass Pro never handled black powder and never told employees of other products related to muzzle loaders.

Yours in shooting

Posts: 36 | Location: Yuma Az. | Registered: 16 June 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
The one in Arundel MIlls across the Bay from me in Maryland used to have it, but they stopped carrying it like 10 years ago. Nobody has any in stock now anyways with Goex closing. Talked to one of the major suppliers yesterday on the phone, sounds like there will be plenty of Swiss and Schuetzen for us by early in 2022.

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I figured that would be the case unless/until some one buys the Goex/Hodgdon plant.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3493 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
For the cap guys; what is the availability of replacement?

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 1928 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
Picture of JoeM
posted Hide Post
Naturally I was sorry to (hear /see) Goex go, but I believe someone (company or corporation) will buy the old Goex plant and resume our Black Powder supply. After all, this not only effects muzzle loading, but black powder cartridge as well, and all other activities associated with a black powder demand, to including military government usage (as I understand it), whatever that may be?

As already said, the caplock shooter's don't have much to worry about - because of the black powder substitutes,,, and I've never duplexed a muzzle loading load of, say (20 grains 3fg under 40 grains of substitute black powder) to shoot in a flintlock, so I don't know how well this would work? Perhaps some here have done some experimenting with this, and would share their results?

For now, we'll just have to play it by ear (so to speak) and hope for the best.

Ohio Joe / Chadron Fur Trade Days

Posts: 68 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 05 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post