Find
Notify
Tools

hello in camp
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted
Been a while since I been over here and since I see I only have 5 posts , I figure I better introduce myself
My name is Charles Starks . I go by Captchee .
I have been into muzzle loading from the time I was very small with only a short few year break while uncle sam had other plans .
I have a small shop specializing in custom muzzleloaders as well as restocking older production guns .

I see some familiar names on the forum but I thought I would introduce myself to those I don’t know .

PS as others will tell you , my spelling isnt that good LOL

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hiya! Wondered if you were coming back some time. Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome, again!

Adam W.

Posts: 23 | Location: East Florida | Registered: 01 March 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of NWTF Longhunter
posted Hide Post
Hey Cap where ya been? It's nice n friendly over here septum the avatar's is too small Wink

Posts: 797 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 29 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey Capt, Welcome, for sure, and tell us more about the guns you make. Will you go to Pacific Primitive this year? Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Good to see you back, Cap'!

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome fellas .
Mike . I don’t know if ill make it to PPR or not . It has been years so im about due .
Ill defiantly make it down to Troy here next week for the WeNaHa doings . Then over to Seneca for the holiday .

As to my rifles .
Here are some ensamples of my work .
I normally build from a plank . But I do ,do semi customs’ from pre carves as well

Hudson valley with Forged Damascus hardware

Type D fusil

Armstrong

Semi customs

early smooth rifle

Under hammer

Erichson

some of my SXS i have done .

RESTOCKS
CVA

Creasant

Browning Restock

Ebony butt plate with Cromoly heal and toe on the above browning

Posts: 687 | Location: Payette ,Idaho | Registered: 23 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Hello Captchee, I don't know if we've met before..who am I kidding..I sometimes don't remember who I met yesterday, but I'm glad to say howdy. If you do get to PPR in June look me up. My camp will have a flag pole with an American, Hudson's Bay co., and American Fur Co. flag so stop by and we can lie to each other over a frosty adult beverage.

Posts: 52 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 30 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
thanks for the invite limner
. ill be sure to drop in if i make it to PPR

Factor
posted Hide Post
Capt, I sure like that flintlock SXS. You can show more pictures like those anytime! Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
Thank you mike for the kind words .
The flint SXS is one of my personal pieces

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Howdy, Captchee.
I remember you from another muzzleloading site, one that I left voluntarilly due to a political dispute.
I sure am glad that this site doesn't have a political forum.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of woodman
posted Hide Post
Hi Captchee,
Good to see you posting over here also. I always enjoy your posts. Always thoughtful and well written.
Woodman

Posts: 357 | Location: Colorado Territories | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, captchee; it's great to have you posting on the forum again.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Idaho Mountainneer
posted Hide Post
Great looking guns captchee.
Might I ask where in Idaho you live? I'd love to personally see your work. I've been contemplating getting a custom rifle but I only have so much money and I want to make sure it's spent on the right thing.

Posts: 330 | Location: Twin Falls ID | Registered: 29 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of captchee
posted Hide Post
I live up in payette Mountainneer