Find
Notify
Tools

Back at the fire
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted
Have had a hard time with my shoulder after surgery for a torn rotator cuff. Am on my second round of Physical Therapy at one of the local 'little shops of horrors' and it seems to be working. One of the exercises they have come up with is to create a sort of rifle that is 58" long with ankle weights along the 'barrel' to simulate the weight and balance of my rifle. I hold it in the firing position for 15 seconds, rest then repeat four more times.

Anyway, after two surgeries and the PT, I feel better and am back. I've missed you guys!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hiya MountainRanger! Glad you are doing good! I'm holding off 'til late Fall for a left shoulder replacement and right knee replacement. Don't want to miss riding my horse this summer. Already put about 300 miles in the saddle and looking forward to more.

That's a good Idea about the weights to simulate a longrifle. Will try that after my shoulder surgery.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Thanks Crossfire. Back in the day, I had two Arabians... one Polish, one Crabbit that were my endurance horses. I did many 50's and a couple of 100's on Kapital, the Polish and Kifli, my little mare was just coming along when I was divorced and gelding had to sell the farm. Good luck on your surgeries, and I wish I could say I'll see you down the trail! I do wish you easy hills, lots of water and good forage along your trails.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Nearly 20 years ago I had that surgery on both shoulders, each consecutive. They also cut bone and removed my bicep tendons. A full year of passive PT and another year of of careful exercises just to get back 80% to 85% of the use. I feel for you, MountainRanger, but believe me it CAN be worse. Heal quickly, my friend.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
I was going through all the motions to get my left shoulder repaired a few years back, as it seems I tore it apart somehow, shore wish I could remember how that happened?? Anyhow, suddenly they found some significant tumours in my pancreas and liver, and, well that ended the shoulder repairs. Seems one little hiccup and a person instantly goes on the "do not repair" list, lol. Oh well, fixed or not I ain't stoppin shootin Ol' Thunder!
Keep positive boys, nuthin's gonna stop ya if ya don't let it.
Take care
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your heath issues. I hope for you the best. Where in in Alberta are you? I lived in Aberta for 2 years as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Well thank you but no need to worry, such is life and I don't let it get me down. If you have not faced any trials, troubles or turmoil in life you have not lived. Can't have happiness without knowing sadness. Life is about adventure, face every path as a new adventure and you will live a happy and full life.
I live in the mighty Peace River region of Alberta, where the people are still good, friends are honest and the land is beautiful. There still remains lots of opportunity for remote hunting with good game numbers. Can't beat it!
Best always
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Wow,sounds like paradise,Walk.Don't let that smokepole get too much rest,just 'cause it's easy.Get a couple for me,and maybe a couple more for other guys that have to settle for paper...Not much meat on a sheet of paper. Wink

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post