New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello The Fire - AGAIN !!!
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Don't know quite where ta start . My name is Rupe or Rupe /PA. As you figure , I'm from PA or to be more specific , NW PA . I haven't sat by the Fire for 'bout 7 years . I see that I have become a Greenhorn now that I;m baqck . HAW , I'm an Old GOAT !! Much has happened while I was away . I lost Missus Rupe , the best part of me , 6 years ago . When she left it seems that some ailments moved in and took Her place . I had to move from our cabin in the woods and now dwell on a postage stamp lot in a little house made of plastic and drywall in what they call a "community" ! It sure isn't Home ! The Dawgs are with me and they seem to have adjusted better than me . I guess I'll just have to adjust !!

I see that Ronco, LD ,Leon are still stretchin the Tales and Audie , the Old Fart, is hiding again . I learned 'bout Sticks and his Missus and that saddened me . We chatted and told the Tales many times I notice a bunch of names that I do not know as well . I smelled the Fire and wanderd in and 'ist gud ta be bak !!

lookinta spinsumTalesRupe

Posts: 27 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome back.
I have a cousin who lives near Conneautville, up there in NW PA.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Ronco - Good ta be back ! 'Bout 22 years ago when my Missus and me was lookin for land in this area , we come close ta buyin an old Amish farm on 54 acres just outside of there . Old house would of needed too much work . It seemed easier to start fresh , which we did . Sure do miss the cabin and the woods . Good ta hear from you.

Rupe

Posts: 27 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Registered: 04 October 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Rupe, welcome back ol'friend. I too had slipped away for a few years, the cancer came and the fight remains ongoing, the wife decided life was too short and left a couple years later. With the kids gone too it was a lonely existance. Found a beautiful lady a little over 2 years ago and try to spend as much time as possible with her (we live hours apart). Can't afford to relocate anytime soon. Eventually found my way back here and you are right, many of the old group are no longer. However those that have found the fire are great people and new friends still wander in from time to time. A welcoming, warm fire it remains. Pull your old stump back up, we have saved it for ya!
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Walkingeagle Thank ya fer the welcome back . It was a rite comfortable stump an I'm sure it will be again .Got an itch ta tell sum Tales . All I need is sum liseners

gettinreadytatallaTaleRupe

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Glad to meet you! Welcome back.

Posts: 101 | Location: Davidsville , PA | Registered: 10 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Hey Rupe, nice meeting you and welcome back to the fire! I'm down the road a bit and a half from you in SW Virginia in the beautiful New River Valley, not far from where Mary Draper Ingles was captured by Shawnees at the Draper Meadows massacre.

Look forward to you sharing your knowledge and experiences.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey Rupe, welcome back. Big Grin

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Fire,Rupe.I'm a relative new comer myself,but I like to listen.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Rupe. Glad to have you with us.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome Rupe I'm on the other side of the state. Are you going out this Saturday for the early muzzleloader season. I might have to sit it out due to a recent surgery.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Rupe. I have been gone for quite awhile too.

Posts: 180 | Location: Harrisburg, Pa | Registered: 26 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Good to see you old trouble makers wandering back by here again.Us Greenhorns try our best,but we need you old guys to teach us proper....Just sit over there,yeah,on the downwind side of the fire.Thanks.

Posts: 2013 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Talltree
posted Hide Post
Oysio
It's been quite sometime since I have posted on this forum. It's good to be back and reconnect with some great friends. I look forward to chatting with all of you and continuing with a study of our history and the past.

Wado
"Talltree

Keep your tail high and dry!

Posts: 173 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Please refer to the previous post.Heh,no really, welcome back..