Find
Notify
Tools

I'm baaaaack!
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of JackAubrey
posted
Hello the forum! It seems the last time I was here was in January of 2015...4 years ago. My, how the years pass. Much has happened. My beloved mum, who lived with us passed away right near my last post, then 90 days later, by beloved wife took sick and passed away in hospital. I seem to have sank into a deep fog, where I was just going though the motions of life. Our son was only 5 years old, and he was the only thing I kept plodding on for.

It's been a climb to get back, but I'm stronger now than I was before, emotionally, physically, and even spiritually. God has been merciful. My son is now 11 years old and he's the apple of my eye. He's a really handsome lad, he DEFINITELY favours his mother!I wish she could see him...then again, I think she can.

Anyway, I had stopped everything . I just lost interest. Now my hobbies are coming back, chief of which are my love of history, traditional muzzleloaders, and hunting.

It's a new year! Happy New Year to all, and here's to new beginnings on a forum I really loved and am glad to be back! Cheers! JA

Posts: 36 | Location: Texas,USA | Registered: 14 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Glad your are back and things are working for you. Markh

Posts: 162 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
If'n it aint a SURPRISE to see Lucky Jack back at the 'fyar!!

Belated condolences on your loss of mother and wife. The loss of loved ones can be very debilitating and it's good that you are breaking out of the shell that has held you for so long.

Glad to have you back!!

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome back.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of JackAubrey
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Looking forward to joining many good conversations, I always learned so much here!

Posts: 36 | Location: Texas,USA | Registered: 14 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you've had a rough time of it the last several years. I'm glad you've come to a place where you feel like re-engaging with the world.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss, Jack. But welcome back and stay a while.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
ZOIKERS ! Sorry for all of your troubles.
I'm glad that you have come through "the fire", and welcome back to the group. Smiler

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Blessings to you, and welcome back!

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome back sorry for your losses. Hopefully getting back in into the sport will help you get back on your feet emotionally.

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Welcome back good sir and so sorry for your loss. Very glad you’ve found the path back to friends with like mind.
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Where is everybody???? or am I the last man on earth and just late getting the word?????

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Huh? Who , what?.....What are you bothering me for?.....I was just catching a wink or two.......* Snooore*.....Actually, my wife has been torturing me...Making me work in the garden....She NEEDS three more raised beds....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for the rest of us, but I must confess to being lazy about writing , lately. But then, with spring planting, and clean-up from winter, time seems to be way too short.

Posts: 33 | Location: Bentonville, Arkansas | Registered: 26 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post