New
Find
Notify
Tools

Posting pics.
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
OK fellows how does a guy with limited computer skills post more than one picture at a time from Photobucket? Thanks.
Tom Black
Cantucky

Posts: 63 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 14 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
There are 4 separate strings of information associated with a photo on Photobucket...usually displayed in a list underneath or along side of a photo.

You simply use the "copy" and "paste" command.

"Copy" the bottom most string of informtion which starts with:
[IMG]...........and ends with...........[/IMG]

Then open a "post" on a forum, and "Paste" that string of info into the post.

When you finish typing in that post and submit that post into a forum, the photo will then appear in that post whereever you had pasted that string of info.

Flintlock Rifles & Smoothbores
Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
OK guys when I go back to the original post to post a second picture the first one gets automatically deleted. How do I keep it from doing that? And thanks for the help.
Tom

Posts: 63 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 14 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Black:
OK guys when I go back to the original post to post a second picture the first one gets automatically deleted. How do I keep it from doing that? And thanks for the help.
Tom
That shouldn't be...sounds like you're trying to use the Campfire Forum controls to insert the lines of code...don't do that.

Just paste it in the open area where you'd normally do some typing.

Then paste the next string of info under the first string...and the next...and so on...like this:

First [IMG] string of info

Next [IMG] string of info

Next [IMG] string of info

Hunt Like The Settlers

Posts: 1867 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Roundball,
I think I'm trying to do what you say. I've never had any problem posting multiple pics on other forums. Is there a way to preview what I'm trying to post before I hit Post Now? I am so computer challenged. I swear my 7 year old granson knows more about them than I do. Thanks again.
Tom

Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Well, that's a puzzler...it's as straight forward as 1,2,3..."copy", "paste", and hit the "post now" button.

Don't think this forum software has a 'preview' function.
But if you submit a post then see something you want to correct, you can use the EDIT feature of course, and even then DELETE the post and start fresh if you like.

Hunt Like The Settlers

Booshway
Picture of roundball
posted Hide Post
Tom...take a moment and go look at a post of mine...its in another thread in the hunting section...at this link:

http://muzzleloadermag.infopop...0610091/m/8724047038

2nd post is mine where I have 3 photos.

Click the "quote" button as if you were going to reply to it...and look at the text of my post.
It'll show the 3 strings of [IMG] info for each of the photos.

That's how you should be listing your lines of [IMG] info to have multiple photos inside one post.

Hunt Like The Settlers

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Well thats how mine looks on other forums but for some reason I can't get to to work here. Thanks again. I'll just have to sit down and see if I can figure it out.
Tom