Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
just joined this har place. am an arkansawyer, so i will probably use lots of hill-billy lingo. hopin you all unsterand me. HAR!HAR!

Posts: 12 | Location: L.A. (LOWER ARKANSAS) | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome Will,Great site and great folks,Lots of information here.Perhaps our trails may cross someday. Bent

Gun Laws?? I'd rather be tried by 12 than have 6 pallbearers

Posts: 26 | Location: Heyburn Idaho | Registered: 23 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
thankee bentchile. say do ya.ll still have Oklahoma is OK, on all yo car tags?

Posts: 12 | Location: L.A. (LOWER ARKANSAS) | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of arkansawwind
posted Hide Post
Will Vest, From one arkansaw hillbilly to another WELCOME, Dont worry about talkin like a hillbilly, there are are several Arkansaw boys on here we have them other folks trained so as to understand Arky talk. reply back and tell us more about yourself Leave out anything illegal and trashy sounding HA HA. From upper arkansaw in Pokeyhontas randolph co ARk yours Dennis Brown also known as arkansawwind

Posts: 745 | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
HA HA Will to tell you honest I'll have to look and see. I have only been in OK since last Feb so I don't have that Okie pride yet. Bent

Gun Laws?? I'd rather be tried by 12 than have 6 pallbearers

Posts: 26 | Location: Heyburn Idaho | Registered: 23 October 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, will. You're in good company as there are lots of us from the South and from Appalachia. The Yankees ain't too bad here since they know their place. Speaking of Yankees (forgive me) some of them really and truly know their stuff. Everybody here knows something but most of it just ain't so.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
i ain,t got nuttin agin yankeys, i has a few relations in ohio, and places what has been yankitized there selfs. thanks for all the warm welcomes.used ter kinda build muzzleloaders back in the seventies. got out of it for years,now want ta just get into a simpler shootin iron species agin.

Factor
posted Hide Post
Will---another Arkie here. Northwest part (on the east edge of the northwest!) Haw!

A ggod bunch around this fire; I've been with'em a loooong time.

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Will, I hope you don't mind a couple yankee's welcoming you to the fire. My wife and I are from Idaho.

There are a good bunch of guys at this fire with a lot of knowledge.

Scarhand

Posts: 226 | Location: Fort Hall, ID | Registered: 11 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Will, what part of L.A.? I'm in El Dorado. Give me a yell some time, and we can burn some powder. maybe even get the bull shot a little.

Posts: 17 | Location: lower arkansas | Registered: 09 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
i,m in the monticello area. just gettin back into black powder. mite holler at ya sometimes brother perry

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
look forward to it!!!

Posts: 17 | Location: lower arkansas | Registered: 09 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Well I ain't too fer from you fellers. I am just west of you all over in Fouke. Welcome to the fire to ya both. I been known to bust a cap and make smoke from time to time. Iffin the timin is right, I would like to meet up as well.

Draw a fine bead on em Son! Bobby

Posts: 56 | Location: Southwest Arkansas | Registered: 09 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
well, look's like we got the south end of the state lined up. since I'm in the middle, when we get a break with weather and work at the same time, we can gather up here. got a nice rifle range where can unlimber these ole guns. look forward to meeting you fellers!!

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Will,

Welcome to the fire from one of those New York type Yankee's. There are a lot of friendly people by this fire willing to share their vast muzzleloading experiences and help newcomers when able. I've been around the fire a very short time but have already learned some valuable lessons.

Again Welcome to the fire!
Charlie

POW's & MIA's
Never Forget

Posts: 34 | Location: Orange County, NY | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
ok gunrunner, ain,t fouke whar ya,ll had some othem thar big feet out inna woods? and vietnam 71, you make me rember i was in service about 71 wit a fella from upstate n.y. went to his house his dad gave us some of his apple jack? what ever it were, made some of our moonshine seem weak by comparsion!!

Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Will. Enjoy the company.

Posts: 219 | Location: n.e. ohio | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Will Vest; Welcone to the Fire. Where's Arkensas? Is it part of this continent? Glad to make you're aquantence. I'm from Alaska so the Russian American Co. is of great interest to me. Up there, I lived on an island that was 50 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Now I'm on the continent and living 20 miles from the Pacific Ocean and 20 miles south of the Olympic rain forest.

My family enjoys rondys and my wife is an exquisit camp fire cook. Anyway, welcome to the fire.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Welcome Will I a'int a Yankee, nor a Cracker. I am up in the Hudson's Bay Territiries.....guess I am considered a Britisher. Don't know how that stands in the peckin order.
Hugh

never been lost, mighty confused for a month or three but never lost

Posts: 59 | Location: british columbia | Registered: 13 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post