New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Western Oregon
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Hello the camp! My name is Scott Morrison and I'm from the Willamette Valley region of Western Oregon. I've been involved in black powder shooting since 2006 and have been making powder horns since 2007. I've built three muzzleloaders (one rifle and two pistols) but all three have been kit guns. I'm currently working on my first "real" project, a .45 cal Gillespie Southern rifle. After the Gillespie I think a smoothbore is in the works. I'm a member of the Honourable Company of Horners and was involved in the first West Coast Horn Fair last April. I'll be attending the second WCHF in California and maybe will see some of you there.

Scott

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire, Scott. Pull up a log and grab a cup. Lots of good folks around here.
I've made a few horns myself, but they show the quality of my work! Good luck on your Southern rifle.

Dick

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Scott, So, you did join the group here at the Campfire. Good doin's! Just beware, you will probably find yourself answering questions about powder horns. You can always get even by asking questions about smoothbores. Just a thought... Shoot sharp's the word, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
Picture of Talltree
posted Hide Post
Greetings "Oregonhorner"
Welcome to the forum. Great people here to listen to and gleen information from. I to am from the OR Valley, location Albany. PM me and we can exchange info.

Talltree

Keep your tail high and dry!

Posts: 173 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Oregonhorner this is good place to be with lots of good folks. I live west of the valley.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, Scott. You're off to a good start and with your horner knowledge will be called upon, I'm sure, for help. Good luck on the newest gun build.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the greetings all!
Scott

Posts: 3 | Registered: 29 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
sorry, I am a little slow.

Welcome aboard.

looking forward to seeing pictures of your work. (I have no talent so I enjoy others abilities...)

That is one nice valley you have there... My boy is about to spend three years down there, so I took my first trip down a month or so back... Nice chunk of heaven you have.

anything worth shooting is worth shooting once.

Posts: 126 | Location: Demokratik Republik of Washington | Registered: 29 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
There is a good group of guys who shoot every month out of Mollala, if interested give me a holler and i will see if I can find a contact # I have not been up for quite a while as I do not shoot much anymore, they are a non club as such to avoid politics and such and go by the Oregop Territorial Freetrappers I think TallTree maybe familiar with them

Posts: 272 | Registered: 12 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire. I'm 20 miles from the big blue pond but a coule hours travel north of you.

There's several groups in the Springfield/Eugene area. They put on a great rendezvous called Frog Hollow around the end of April.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post