New
Find
Notify
Tools

i'm back
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
chuckles here,Good Morning,finally got off dail up and set up new account,finally learned to set and sharpen long saws,got acces to 3 woodlots,learning to cold peen and sharpen austrian scythe blades,it's good to be back

Posts: 49 | Registered: 08 June 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome back, hacksaw. Might as well jump in and start where you left off.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome Chuckles,do you prefer that alias,or Hacksaw?.....I gather from your post that you've been on this forum before,so are you actually a knowledgeable old timer in disguise,or a rank beginner like me?

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
chuckles was my nickname in high school,hacksaw was my nickname in the army,before i picked up the 60,then became razorback,then dog at my old job,now old-timer at my new job,been shooting muzzleloaders for about 22 yrs,reenacting for about 10 yrs,i now portray an irish woodcutter,trying to tie scything into it as well,cause most people think there are no trees in Ireland

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I to have been doing this for a long time. Am new to this sight. Have no clue how it really works.An not sure if they have a chat area. Recently retired an back to building longrifles

Been into muzzeloading for almost 40+ years fairly new to scratch building. But prescribes just seem to take all the frustrations out.So to me it's not as much fun. Would like to meet some. people on here to learn more. Maybe in time. Recently retired so have time to learn. Special thanks to Hoot AL for his advice..Good site

Posts: 11 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 19 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh™....ARE there trees in Ireland?Other than Street trees,that is....I'm in the process of buying my first muzzle-stuffer.Jumping right into the deep end:Smoothbore flinty.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hacksaw welcome. I think it's great you're learning to set and sharpen saws and scythes. I remember my paternal grandfather talking about that. I have often thought that in todays society there isn't much of value to learn to get you thru the day. But it would take three lifetimes to learn the skills of yesterday. Of course not all the folks from the past could do it all either. But you get the point.

I never have been much for drinking the kool-aid.It's not in my nature.

Posts: 336 | Location: Central Pennsyltucky | Registered: 12 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Hacksaw.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome back Hacksaw

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome back!

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,this is a good place to be,and no Boartooth,this are no trees left in Ireland,that's why we came to America,rumor has it that my family moved to avoid the whiskey tax too but i can't prove it