Find
Notify
Tools

Tropical Storm
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted
To our brothers and sisters in Florida, Georgia, SC, NC, and northward along the coast, I hope everyone and their families, pets, livestock, property and sanity makes it through this first hurricane to hit Florida in a decade, and the tropical storm that is its leavings that is headed north. Mrs MountainRanger, the girls, their husbands and kids are in Myrtle Beach for Labor Day. So far, they are fine. I stayed home to start pulling out stuff for next weekend's grocery shoot. Well hell!

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Oy,well,my best wishes go to them.....Tell 'em to keep their heads down!

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Boartooth. Talked to Mrs MountainRanger last evening and while the electricity was out at the time, they came through it all right. I appreciate the good wishes. Wink

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Here in Va we lucked out.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear y'all came through it ok..

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Much ado about nothing here. Little bit of tide on the front yard yesterday and today at high tide, but nothing abnormal for fall. Spent much of the supposed 'hurricane' out on the river fishing!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post