New
Find
Notify
Tools

new to the game
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Hey Guy's & Gal's, I'm Jeff Norris from Southern Ohio. I'm just gettin started in the smokepoles. I am startin a build on a 29 squack smacker. I hope to make a few friends and gain some knowledge from a few of you "OLD TIMERS". I have been huntin something ever since I was 5 or so followin hounds and such. I hope to meet up with a few of youins soon.

I was born 100 years to late

If it aint broke fix it till it is...

verizon cell 937-205-4486

Posts: 12 | Location: Hillsboro, Ohio | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire. Enjoy your stay. Smiler

" You do with your scalp as you wish and don't be telling us what to with ours."

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, 2LD. Come sit around the fire and you'll learn what you need to know.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Hanshi, Thanks I would love to learn more about these smokepoles... I'm building a 29 cal what twist rate works best with that cal ???

Posts: 12 | Location: Hillsboro, Ohio | Registered: 01 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome fellow Buckeye!

My pap used to tell me all the time "I'll either fix it ..or fix it so nobody will ever fix it" !

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of SCLoyalist
posted Hide Post
Welcome.

Your twist question might get more notice and response if you post it over on the Gunsmithing forum. The optimal twist for a .29 roundball barrel ought to be no slower than 1 in 48. A .29 barrel is rare enough to where I'd expect there not to be much variation in twist rates available for a roundball barrel. If you don't get an authoritative answer from Campfire, it's a good question to pose to your barrel supplier.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SCLoyalist,

Here's a health to the King and a lasting Peace. May Faction end and Wealth increase....Old Loyalist Ballad

Posts: 767 | Location: Panhandle Florida | Registered: 02 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire.

Posts: 34 | Registered: 24 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Welcome.

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
SCLoyalist, Thanks I will go to the "gunsmithing" and see what kind of info I can get on the 29 cal... Thanks

Smokepole, What part of the Buckeye state do you hang your hat ???

Guys, Thanks for the seat at the campfire (BUT WHOEVER MADE THE COFFEE SUCKS AT IT ) Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I'm just across the river from Wheeling WV near Martins Ferry. You know Fort Henry and Betty Zane area..lol

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Smokepole51, I have been over there is that north of Marietta