New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hi, new to the Fire!
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Well, thanks to you all for such a warm welcome!
look forward to talking to all of you!

A gun without hammers, looks like a spaniel without ears
King George v

Posts: 29 | Location: staffordshire england | Registered: 17 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Welcome, James!
I've worked for several weeks at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, but that is some distance North of you.
My brother lived in Bedfordshire and Carlisle for many years, but is back in the USA.
Cheers,
Ron

Posts: 62 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 10 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome James
I am also from the UK, live in the Scottish Borders shooting flintlock rifles and smoothbores.
See you through the smoke !
Reiver XXV

Posts: 6 | Location: Scottish Borders | Registered: 27 July 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome Reiverxxv,Seems to me that if we get many more Brits around the fire,we'll have to lay in a supply of tea.Which is fine with me,I like a good,robust tea.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
I echo that welcome... but hope y'all don't go stirring up the Mohawks, Senecas, Canadians and all them again... hehe. Just finished reading With Musket and Tomahawk (again) 1777 wasn't a happy year.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boartooth:
Welcome Reiverxxv,Seems to me that if we get many more Brits around the fire,we'll have to lay in a supply of tea.Which is fine with me,I like a good,robust tea.

Yes Welcome. But it occurs tome we may need some Luke warm beer. Oh yea re luke warm the adjective
Comes from Lucas the maker of auto and motorcycle ignition systems and refrigerators. As in Brits drink warm beer because Lucas makes refrigerators. Roll Eyes

Posts: 138 | Location: Cedar Valley, Travis Co., TX | Registered: 24 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Naw,it's just that their definition of cool is different than ours...Heh..... Wink
Try storing your beer in a basement type facility,and drinking it at the 55 degree temp it achieves there....You get to appreciate the volatile aromas,and more of the taste.....Really! I'm serious! Why do people always think I'm joking about this stuff...sheesh.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Well, as regards the lukewarm beer, there has been a real upsurge in small craft breweries here, and warm, crap beer is defiantly a thing of the past, at least it is where I come from , you can get some amazing beer round here from at least ten different small breweries who produce a really wide range

King George v

Posts: 29 | Location: staffordshire england | Registered: 17 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Hey James.... I really like your personal motto at the bottom re: A gun without hammers, et al... one could add to that: A mug of beer without frost on the glass is like ... fill in the blank area yerself. I already came up with a couple that would get me kicked off the site if I posted them. HAHAHAHAHAHAHa..... and with that he refills his copper canteen with Rum and checks his pan for powder, adjusts his horn, bag and other plunder and moves gingerly off into the wilderness.....

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I agree about the beer as well!!

King George v

Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post