New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to the Fire
 Login/Join

Pilgrim
posted
Been hidin' in the shadows for many a year. Reckon now's as good a time as any to get closer to the fire. Here's my cup and thanky. I've been making smoke since about '82 or so but I'm thanking everyone ahead of time for putting up with such a greenhorn as me. I have a caplock or two and am kind of new to the flinter game. I do a little of that "experimental archeology" kind of stuff now and again when I get the chance. Looking forward to being a part of what goes on 'round here. Yours, Noisemaker

Posts: 69 | Registered: 12 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
Picture of Seepwater
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire, Noisemaker. We will try to meet your expectations!

shoot first ask questions later

Posts: 220 | Location: Lyman, WY....just 6 miles from Ft. Bridger! | Registered: 09 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Noisemaker. You are well received in our camp.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Noisemaker.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the warm welcome fellers!

<mtnmike>
posted
welcome to the fire,,,

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I am new to the fire as well, but certainly not to the game , Istarted to fiddle with BP way back in 1968 and once the stuff gets in the blood there's no turning back, I have a varity of MZloaders including Browinings mountain rifles, flintlocks ,fowlers and more , I like a bag and horn for each my only problem now is remembering which bag goes with which piece, I used to do a lot of camping and rendezvouing with my family and in my TIPI but as age creeps into your bones sleeping on the groound is nat as attractive as it once was.I hail from south east Idaho in Cache Valley which is rich in the history of the Mt Men, I live just south of where Peter S Ogden camped when he explored this area back in 1824 and more than one gsthering took place. to say the least I love the area and it's history. I will try to stay close to the fire as the weather changes,I'm taking my grandson out this afternoon to burn a little powder and get him started down the right path. nuff fo now Sloe Bear

Posts: 8 | Location: preston,Idaho | Registered: 30 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard!

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire sloe bear.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Noisy and Bear, it's real good having you here. Shoot sharp's the word, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to camp, sloe bear.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Fincastle
posted Hide Post
Sloe Bear, Noisemaker,

Well met, glad to have ye in camp, great bunch of folks here, great place to make new friends and get some new knowledge, share skills, and just plain have fun.

Hey Sloe Bear, back in the 80's I was cowboyin' and guidin' out your way, in fact I turned 21 on top of Bridger Peak in the Cache Nat'l Forest down on the Idaho/Utah border back in 1990, and I lived for short time just outside of Fish Haven over on Bear Lake. Sure is beautiful country, wish I'd never come back to Indiana. I spent 12 years in Idaho,Montana, and Wyoming and I'll never forget it, and they can't take that away..

Where'abouts are you located in the Cache... just curious, and once again welcome to the fire.

Fin

A nod's as good as a blink to a blind horse

Posts: 143 | Location: Indiana Territory | Registered: 22 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire, Noisemaker. It's about time you stepped up front and closer to the fire where everything is warmer, including the topics. Staying out away from the fire can get rather cold even as the fire and topics get warmer.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Well I see more have showed up at this fire since I first pulled up my stump. Good to meet all of you. Thanks for having me along. 'ol noisy

Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Welcome from NWFL,where do you make all your noise

Posts: 81 | Location: N W Florida | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Hello Mischief, I hail from central New York