New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Alabama.
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
My name is Craig and I currently live in Birmingham. I am trying to educate myself in regards to traditional muzzleloading and would like to purchase a flintlock soon.

Just as with compound bows (I shoot traditional archery). Modern inline muzzleloaders have simply never appealed to me. There is just something about traditional muzzleloaders that spark my interest in them.

I would really like to get a good look at different rifles and smoothbores in person but there seems to be little in terms of events, shows and clubs in my area. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. I have considered making a day trip up to Tip Curts'store in Tennessee.

Glad to be here and wish you all the best.

Craig.

Posts: 2 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: 17 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, Craig. This is the best place I know of to cut your teeth on black powder muzzleloaders. You going to learn a lot from these guys passing the jug around the fire. Just don't believe their tall tales.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Craig welcome to the fire I live outside of Montgomery if your ever down this way give me a shout I have several you can try......B Staley

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks folks.

Posts: 2 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: 17 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire, Craig! This is a great place to be.

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Craig. There are lots of very sharp folks on here who can have plenty of information.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Welcome in Craig.These gents know their muzzleloading.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post