New
Find
Notify
Tools

Greetings
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
I am about to order a .50 caliber caplock Lyman Deerstalker -- not authentic, but I love it -- and thought I would drop by and say, "Hello."

Posts: 2 | Location: Upstate New York | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Outlaw, Welcome to the Campfire. And, why do you love the Deerstalker? Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
I like the 24-inch barrel, the nice balance, and the overall looks. I think it would have sold well had it been available in the 1840s/1850s/early 1860s. Not a replacement for the standard Hawken but a nice carbine for horseback or thick brush.

Posts: 2 | Location: Upstate New York | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Outlaw. Get comfortable and get acquainted with all the characters around the fire. Need help? Just say so and you'll be steered right.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Outlaw! That Lyman will serve you very well I think. That will just be the beginnig too I'll bet! You might just as well start savin for your next ML be it rifle or smoothbore. Lots of good folks here with a lot of great info, and wisdom. Best regards. Rockerhound

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Indian Outlaw; Welcome to the fire. Pull up a chunk of wood and sit closer to the fire where it's warmer.

I know about those shorter barreled rifles, My son likes his TC Renegade with its 26" barrel.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Night Owl
posted Hide Post
Welcome Outlaw!! Lots of good folks around here. Glad to have you at the fire!

Posts: 265 | Location: Upper Peninsula of Michigan | Registered: 03 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Cado
posted Hide Post
Hey Outlaw, welcome and stop by often. You better start saving your money because you can't stop with just one Razzer

Posts: 617 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 19 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Muddy Dog
posted Hide Post
Outlaw, Cado is right, BP is addictive. But, then again as the story goes, "Never trust a man who owns only one gun, cause he probably knows how to use it."

"Human beings will exert with extreme vigor their God-given right to be stupid." Muddy Dog

Posts: 33 | Location: Lancaster, Ohio | Registered: 09 April 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post