New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello to all
 Login/Join

Hivernant
posted
Good Morning to all! I have been a reader of this site for a long time. I have just recently retired, and have settled back to where I was raised in the mtns of Pa.I have been hunting with a Flintlock for close to 40 years now. I am looking forward to meeting yinz guys.

Posts: 101 | Location: Davidsville , PA | Registered: 10 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Hello im very new to ml 2 yrs ago i bought an inline cva modern and 2 weeks ago bought her sister a cva sidelock both are reallymitchin for sum powder and smoke im a 45 yrold veteran and live in moorhead mn i subscribe to backwoodsman and backwoodsman home just found muzzle loader mag and im already hooked

Posts: 12 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 31 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Welcome from beautiful SW Virginia! Maybe you will find a club to affiliate with and will discover the challenge and wonder of flintlocks! Great guys here and you can find lots of good information. There are hundreds of years of combined experience in ML hunting, competitions and just the enjoyment of the sound, smoke and history of our sport. Many of us here make our own accoutrements and there are builders of ML rifles here too. Got a question, don't be shy about asking. Share your experiences here so we can learn too.

Lots of vets here too. I served in the Army and had two tours in Viet Nam, Republic of.

Welcome again.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Im just gettin into making my own sheaths and tomahawk cover ive made a parfleche im a welder by trade but i can fix about anything i made the mistake of tellin sum 1 about a nice fur trappin spot and he got there b4 me and the landowner only wants 1 trapper in there so it doesnt completely trap it out so my traps wont see any action

Posts: 12 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 31 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
I have an old CVA Kentucky that my father built for me from a kit in 1977. Killed my first flintlock deer with it when I was 12. I then have hunted with a 1970's Navy Arms Pennsylvania longrifle up until this year. I have recently just picked up an original Jack Garner Flintlock. I am anxious to take her for some long walks this season. She has shot well on my range at home, and I am about finished getting my possibles finished for her for the field. I am a veteran of the big green machine also.
Keep your powder dry !

Posts: 101 | Location: Davidsville , PA | Registered: 10 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, John, Galen. You'll find a lot of experience here as well as help when you want it. This is a great Traditional Muzzleloading forum so feel free to jump right in the discussions or start your own.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Thanks Hanshi. I know from following yinz guys posts over the years, there are a lot of good people around the fire.

Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Welcome to each of you from the mighty Peace River region. Glad to hear from more hunters as that is where my interest lies. Hope to hear some stories of success and see some pictures.
Take care
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Howdy!

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post