New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lost member?
 Login/Join

Booshway
posted
Where is, or what has happened to Roundball? His last post was in June 2014.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of volatpluvia
posted Hide Post
I have lost so many. Some, like Fiddlesticks, have died. Others just quite posting. Audie Maines (Oldfart), for example. We used to have so much fun on the forum. We had a lot of laughs on Tall Tales. Members apparantly just lose interest after a while. Like the old song says: Sometimes: a woman is involved. This fire used to be the high light of my day. Now I am often the only member on the forum when I get on. Nothing lasts forever.

pistuo deo lalo

Posts: 3714 | Location: Acatlan de Juarez, Jalisco, Mexico | Registered: 22 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Yes, it really is a shame that some have gone away. But then, it has come to the time in many of our lives, that old friends are passing. I see less and less at rendezvous re-enactments, and trekking. As for this child, my good wife is certain when I pass, it
'll be at an event. I hope so!

Posts: 33 | Location: Bentonville, Arkansas | Registered: 26 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Last I heard Roundball had moved over to another site, something happened, who knows??

Overall most of the forums I check on are down on members and slow, Facebook has taken over the world it seems. I still enjoy the forums however, not on FB and still proudly don't own a cellphone. Smiler

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Pare-
posted Hide Post
I'm certainly tired of Facebook. Its gotten stale with all the political bull-butter on there. There's a few good fur trade groups, etc., but I still enjoy the message boards; this one and Rocky Mountain College.

Pare-

Posts: 104 | Location: Little River, I.T. | Registered: 06 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
One of the old crew is a Smoke Jumper,could be with most of the West Coast burning up ,he is just off in the pucker brush.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Osprey;
I don't have a cellphone either. Never been on Facebook, either. Doubt I ever will. Nor Twitter or any of that. This here forum is about it. Too bad its so slow most of the time. Sad to see members disappear.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hmmph,never saw the attraction in Facebook.The only reason I'm here is that I was trying to find out about muzzleloaders.....And then characters like Fiddlesticks,Crossfox,and others piqued my interest. Face it guys, you're fascinating....I think I'll leave it there....Heehee.... Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Boartooth,

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I haven't been on the forum for many moons myself. 2015 saw me installing new floors and a new kitchen in my house. 2016 saw me in Alaska for 13 days, Idaho for 8, and eastern WA for a weekend. 2018 isn't over with but I spent 51 days on the road driving around the US of A. then up to Bellingham are for a grave side service. This weekend is the Many Rivers Rifle Frolic being hosted at the Capitol City Gun club north of Rochester, WA. I've also taken up writing stories which takes up a fair amount of my time. One highlight of the 51 day trip was a visit at the Museum of the Fur Trade just outside of Chadron, Nebraska. While their, I discovered bridled frizzon's were being installed on trade guns as early as 1760. Granted, most of the northwest trade guns didn't have a bridled frizzen but I've seen several originals with them. I believe my son shot a photo of that early trade gun with the bridled frizzen for me but I don't have access to his photos right now. I had Caywood Gun makers install a bridled frizzen on my NW trade gun but it was made as if it were made in 1834. Good to see a few of you are keeping the fire burning.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Old Lobo
posted Hide Post
I miss Terry, (fiddlesticks) he was the life of the party

Posts: 28 | Registered: 26 March 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I miss Fiddlesticks too, I just barely got a chance to get acquainted.....White finger, what is a bridled frizzen?

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Bridled Frizzen Lock
Lock w/o Bridle on Frizzen

What's also interesting is that unbridled frizzens on locks persisted into the first 1/3 of the 19th century. What were once trade rifles thought to have been cobbled from used parts because the pan on the lock didn't have a bridle for the frizzen, are now being recognized as original and new equipment on those rifles and guns.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dave...I've got it now.