Notify
Tools

Been down
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted
Hey guys
Things have been sort of at sixes and sevens as the Brits say. I've been having some aggravations and will be going in for some cardiac surgery next week, dang it. I've missed your posts and meeting new folks. Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and a nice new year. I haven't even had my rifle out since July. Isn't that a kick in the butt?

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Good luck and a speedy recovery.
A little muzzleloader target shooting is good therapy.
I, too, had a little surgery yesterday. Had some skin cancer removed from my face. The doc took a chunk of meat out of my cheek. Then, three pretty girls hovered over me as one of them stitched me up like she was sewing a quilt.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you, MountainRanger; our best wishes are for your speedy recovery.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Dick
posted Hide Post
Here's health to you, Mountain Ranger! Maybe some pretty girls will hover near you, too.

"Est Deus in Nobis"

Posts: 2902 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 10 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Good luck Mountain Ranger.
Rancos, I spend a bunch of time in a cancer clinic too, for the past 5 years, and them pretty nurses seem to always have time for a hug. **** its rough!
Walk

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Mountain Ranger,best of wishes,hang in there,get strong again,your smoke pole will forgive you...

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent your way for a speedy recovery Mountain Ranger!

Posts: 197 | Registered: 15 January 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a swift recovery! Take care!

Posts: 101 | Location: Davidsville , PA | Registered: 10 August 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery. I know you'll do better then I did. Mine turned out to be gas, that was 20 years ago and I still have it.

Posts: 15 | Location: Michigan, just south of the 45th | Registered: 29 April 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and wishes. I went through the catheterization which was a complete failure. I have two arteries that are completely blocked. My doc has referred me to his partner who he says 'has all the neat toys' to possibly accomplish getting into, then putting stints in. There was also a hint of having to do a bypass, dang it. Looks like I'll probably get to go through this again in February. *Good Grief*

I also have a new med... a long lasting Nitroglycerin taken daily, so that should help with the chest pains.

Am hanging in there though! When I get the OK to drive again I'm going to try to sneak out to the range to take ole 'one shot' out to put a few balls downrange. That will be good for morale for both of us!

Y'all keep your noses to the wind.
MR

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hang Tough,Mountain Ranger....Any day above ground is good.....I doubt you've taught all you need to......

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
I recently underwent open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve. The good news is that recovery can be complete and you can get back to your favorite activities.
To be honest, recovery is trying and uncomfortable, but that is only for the first short period after the surgery.
Now, I am working with a personal trainer and almost have my strength back.
My cardiac Surgeon:

I wish you a fast and speedy recovery.
Ron

Posts: 62 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 10 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
HEY!!All you Old Farts.Take care of yourselves,you aren't young and bulletproof anymore!

Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like I'll probably get to go through this again in February.

Well it's February, so here's some prayers that they can stint you instead of the full monte. My oldest Brother in Law had stints put in..., really makes a difference and they're getting better at it all the time.

LD

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove

Posts: 3843 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hope they get you straight! Heck, cut one end off your powder measure and have them use that for the stent, talk about black powder in your veins!!

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post