New
Find
Notify
Tools

shootrj2003
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
I'd like to introduce myself as a fellow tradtionalist muzzloader and of the buckskining tendency I amm basically a rifleman but I do love any muzzleloader being partial to those of J&S hawken's variety and especially of large caliber,I do enjoy my flint .36 also

Posts: 31 | Registered: 02 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Howdy Shoot'! Welcome to the 'Fire. Set down, warm yourself. Say, what do you hunt with that .36?

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, shootrj2003. Jump right in and join in the discussions. Glad you like the .36; I'm a fan of the little caliber, too. I'll also bet you've had some adventures with the big caliber you could relate.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey Shoot, Welcome to the Campfire. We can talk about the J&S Hawken rifles anytime! Where's your camp located? Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire Shootrj2003!

I've only been here a short time but learned a lot! The people here are friendly and can help you along your Black Powder journey..

Charlie

POW's & MIA's
Never Forget

Posts: 34 | Location: Orange County, NY | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Howdy shootrj2003, I have been here about 4 years. There are a lot of knowledgeable at the "campfire". I have gained a lot in information and help from everyone. It's a great place!!!

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
ShootrJ2003; Welcome to the Fire. Like you, I'm deffinitly a traditionalist. My moto, "If I'm going to shoot Gradpa's guns, I'm going to shoot Grampa's powder and shot too."

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Welcome Shooter.

Greenhorn myself and just trying to figger the ropes.
Looks to be a great crowd here.

Hugh

never been lost, mighty confused for a month or three but never lost

Posts: 59 | Location: british columbia | Registered: 13 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME GUY'S ,I've been a little busy and wasn't able to get back[B.P.-projects!] please forgive me.Mike Nesbitt,I have enjoyed your stories for years and I have learned much from you ,hopefully I can return some knowledge or experiences back.!With my Blueridge .36 I hunt mostly squirrel and wabbit but anything from a coyote down is fair game,great for chucks and I imagine in Pa. it would make a kicking turkey rifle!I have been a lover of HAWKEN'S rifle's forever ,but,the closest I ever owned to a Hawken,was a flint CVA frontier[real shooter] my present big rifle is a Renegade which has got me many deer[.54 + .50].Mike ,I stomp aroun' Huguenot,N.Y.near Port Jervis N.Y.about 5 min. from PA. & N.J.,If everything works out I may have enough for my first nice high end kit soon!I'm big into horning [The Horner's Bench]Iron and metal work,wood and leatherwork and make most of my own gear,Well,sorry for the long post and I hope I haven't come off as a wind bag but I love this stuff and I love talking and /or writing about it with other mutually disposed folks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shootrj2003,

Posts: 31 | Registered: 02 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mike Nesbitt,I have enjoyed your stories for years and I have learned much from you

Shoot, Oh! So you're the one... (G) Let me thank you most severely, it is nice to hear that someone likes my tales now and then. About Hawken rifles, I'm working on a story that might even get done this year about shooting traditional Hawken rifles. You might like to wait for that but for now enjoy the coffee and keep visiting this Campfire. Thanks again and Shoot sharp's the word, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post