New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just rode in
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Howdy fellers, Just got here looking for a few kind words and good company. Kinda cold up here on the mountain behind La Luz New Mexico. Wandering what was the goings around her.

Posts: 8 | Location: La Luz New Mexico | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome !!.. Cold ,windy and about 5-6 in of snow on the ground here in Ohio so no picnic here either. been just sittin' around watchin' leatherworks videos on this 'ole box all day killin' time.

Posts: 49 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Yep I been keeping the fire going for the woman doing about the same

Posts: 8 | Location: La Luz New Mexico | Registered: 30 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Ronnie, Welcome to the Campfire. I can feel a bit of the chill myself, so I'll get a little more wood. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Walkingeagle
posted Hide Post
Welcome. I do understand the cold!
Walkingeagle

Posts: 342 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
It's cold and snowing here in the North Carolina mountains as well,welcome to the Fire

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Sage Rider
posted Hide Post
Welcome!!! It's snowing here in Richland, OR as well.....

"Don't Retreat, just reload"

Posts: 411 | Location: Oregon Territory | Registered: 26 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome Ronnie! Been cold up here the past couple of weeks, down to -28f...but...it has warmed up to +44f and we had to find our summer shorts & T-shirts!

Back in the '60s I lived for a short time in Los Alamos & Espanola.

Regards, xfox

The forest is a wilderness only to those that fear it, silent only to those that hear nothing. The forest is a friend to those that dwell within its' nature and it is filled with the sounds of life to those that listen.

Posts: 532 | Location: Bitterroot Valley | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
thanks fellers its sure good to be here, plus I got a question or two that I'll get to a little later

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, Ronnie. Here in Va we mostly get "dustings" of snow though it does get serious in the mountains. Your questions will get answered from some of our experts around the fire.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
been over there alot

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Ronnie. Been cold where I have been lately too. Icy and snowy to boot.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Ronnie. Central Michigan's got about a half inch of snow on the ground, and it's pretty spotty at that, but the wheather sure is bitin' cold. The campfire's always a nice place to warm up, always providing that the heat from our woodstove makes it to the computer room! Big Grin
~Josh

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Been a long time follower of muzzeleloader mag, and had to join people with like interests. Spent the last 15 hunting seasons after deer and predators with only black powder, now going totally tradional. Hope to learn much from all of you

Posts: 158 | Location: lake champlain, vt | Registered: 03 January 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post