New
Find
Notify
Tools

Howdy
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Just found the site and I am looking forward to noseing around and pickin your brains.

I am a hack BP enthusiast located in N. Idaho. I shoot a GP rifle 54 flavor. Shot several deer with it but by no means in love with the gun. I also have a Crockett that I have done some customizing on, love the little caliber although small game opportunities are slim around here. To round out my meager collection I have a Uberti 1860 army.....love that thing. Hopeing someday to get my hands on a 45 flint.

Thats all I got folks....

"Shoot low boys, there ridin' shetlands!"

Posts: 3 | Registered: 28 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Campfire, Plum, and if you're close to I-90 you should certainly visit with October Country. Maybe you already have. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, Plumbob. You've already got a good start with those guns. I have a Crockett and truly like that little rifle. Stick around here and you'll get addicted to bp and flint.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3558 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
welcome aboard Plumbob!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

I get to October Country about once a year, great folks. Awesome leather goods!

I am not so sure I am not already addicted :~)

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcone to the Fire, Plumbob. I suppose a heavy Hawkin barrel with a hole drilled at the muzzle would make a rather handy plumbob. Once hung from the tripod, the wind wouldn't move it much and the tang would serve as a point, just file it sharp.

Oh yes, this site is full of helpfull gents. Big Grin

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Thanks for the idea!

Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire! Nice to see another person from Idaho joining.

Scarhand

Posts: 226 | Location: Fort Hall, ID | Registered: 11 October 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome. Its a pleasure meetin ya. Look foward to talking with ya.

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post