New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maine?
 Login/Join

Factor
posted Hide Post
WOW!! What a great group! Sure wish there were a bunch like that in my neck of the woods. Sounds like you've got a good place to be.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I agree Boartooth. New England and the midwest are the place to be if one is interested in traditional muzzleloading.
I was disappointed when I moved down here to Tenasi from Michigan. Lots of traditional muzzleloading up there in the midwest, but down here all I can find is a couple of civil war groups. Not my era.
I thought I had found a good blackpowder club near here but when I checked them out - it was all that inline crap.

Best of luck to you Hanshi with your new doings up there in Maine.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rancocas. Things already seem to be kinda "falling into place". Won't get much accomplished this year; but if I survive winter, lookout next year.

Odd, though, how we moved up here only to still be having weather in the 80s & 90s?

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hanshi give it two months and check the temp.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
On considering the Midwest, you're correct. There is a large contingent of rendezvous goers, reenactors, trekkers, etc. I'm in North West Arkansas, quite a distance from most great events, but there are very good events all the way up and down the Mid West. We're talking traditional. here. None of that inline stuff, or at least none I'm aware of.

Posts: 33 | Location: Bentonville, Arkansas | Registered: 26 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Hanshi:
Welcome to the land of the Ancient Ones. We are a very active club. We try to have a geezer shoot every month. Check out The Red Barn in Augusta for seafood and the Liberal Cup on Main st in Hallowell, Great ale and grub. To the rest of you here in Maine, come join us it's only $10.00
Nit Wit

Posts: 6 | Location: Livermore, Maine | Registered: 04 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Snowing yet?! We want pics of you in a primitve biathlon up there this winter Hanshi, I'm sure they've got a geezer class. Big Grin

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Osprey!! no snow yet, but it was 52 degrees here at 06:00. 10:30 now and 57 getting the need to woods wander.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: 11 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Been having so much to do I haven't gotten around to everything I want or have to do. But I'm gittin' there. But lookout, Ancient Ones, I'm a coming and it won't be much longer!

As far as a primitive biathlon, I'm not able to walk far and have never even seen a snowshoe. In Ga, the winter is quite like the summer in Maine.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
I have my old Michigan snowshoes hanging in my barn. Several locals here in Tennessee have asked me what they are.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Lol....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post