muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc
Maine?

This topic can be found at:
https://muzzleloadermag.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5434013587/m/2874098148

10 August 2018, 06:22 PM
Hanshi
Maine?
Didn't know where to put this but maybe it's okay. Anyway, I can't remember; but is anyone on the forum from Maine? We finally moved here in mid July and bought a house in Gardiner.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*
11 August 2018, 05:28 AM
Walking Crow
"Ancient Ones of Maine", shooting club,Maine group,they have a web site.I live North of Bangor about 30 miles.Try this smoke-from the woods@hotmail.com Writer for the Northwoods Sporting Journal [url=http://WWW.sportingjournal.com WWW.sportingjournal.com[/url]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Walking Crow,
11 August 2018, 08:19 AM
Rancocas
I find it interesting how people move around. Just yesterday I was introduced to a man who used to be a lobster fisherman from Maine. He retired and moved down here to Tennessee.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.
11 August 2018, 07:19 PM
Boartooth
HANSHI!!!!!Nice to see you guy...Wuz starting to wonder..... As for Gardiner(that's Gahdnuh to all you non-down easters) My Dad did most of his young days in that area....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin
13 August 2018, 02:22 PM
Osprey
Congrats on heading north! I want to know when the first snow hits!!!!!!!!!!!!
13 August 2018, 04:10 PM
Hanshi
Thanks, Walking Crow. Gahdnah isn'n too fah from Ahgusta. Ah'll be uh checkan things auht as time pahmits.

14 August 2018, 02:42 PM
Boartooth
Ayup..... Wink

14 August 2018, 02:43 PM
Boartooth
Heehee, my Dad never did lose his accent....

14 August 2018, 08:55 PM
uncle snore
Welcome to the North East from a guy about 60 miles west in NH.

There are many in NH and Maine.
15 August 2018, 07:00 AM
Rancocas
Yep, the northeast and also the mid-west seem to be the hot spots for traditional muzzle loading.

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.
15 August 2018, 05:42 PM
Hanshi
I do expect to find others like me...uh, as far as bp shooting goes.

18 August 2018, 09:12 AM
Bud in PA
Congrats Hanshi, haven't been to Maine since the late 80's. If you like seafood that's the place to live.
18 August 2018, 09:34 AM
Walking Crow
Big Gun Show at the Augusta Armory yearly,Ancient ones of Maine put it on,great show. Contact them and the Penobscot Long Rifles if they are still around. Smokefromthewoods@hotmail.com Ray Hamilton might help. Located over West of you.
20 August 2018, 03:30 PM
Hanshi
Thanks for all the information; and, yes, the seafood is sublime.

20 August 2018, 04:19 PM
Boartooth
I love seafood.....So why do I live 2 mountain ranges away from the sea?....Dunno.

21 August 2018, 06:39 AM
Dick Jerolmon
Welcome to Maine. As a member of The Ancient Ones I invite you to join our message board and stay in touch. Some of us will be at Windsor Fair with demos this weekend and would enjoy meeting you.
21 August 2018, 03:41 PM
Hanshi
Thank you for the kind invitation, Dick. I do look forward to meeting all of you. It appears it will be a while longer before I can do much of anything as we still have boxes to unpack and, for health reasons, have to do it all in stages with a bit of assistance from others. Right now, as well, I had to leave all my BP in Va since it couldn't be shipped. I managed to bring a few pounds of lead in the car but had to let around 400 plus pounds go due to $$ for shipping.

I will be getting active asap with fellow enthusiasts and am working on that as time permits.

21 August 2018, 06:44 PM
Boartooth
YAAAAY!

27 August 2018, 06:07 AM
Dick Jerolmon
Hanshi: Just one more reason to hook up with The Ancient Ones....We buy powder by the case and pass on the savings to members. Contact Ray Hamilton (Nitwit). Check our website for our Oct. Vous info and come make smoke with us.
27 August 2018, 03:25 PM
Hanshi
Man! How can I resist joining asap!