Notify
Tools

Hello the Campfire !!!
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Hello !!!
Name is Mike.
Old as the hills, an starting a bit late in this here muzzleloading. But like what I see !!!
Live in tiny Rhode Island,now covered in snow,but
enjoy a warm / bright fire, good friends and some hot coffee made by my old friend Charlie !!!
Look forward to your wisdom and friendship.

Posts: 11 | Registered: 08 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Newoodsrunner
posted Hide Post
well Mike i see you finally made here by way of ST Louie sorry i didn't get back to you last night sometime came up and then i was off to bed but anyway a big welcome to the fire you will meet a lot of good people here Charlie

Posts: 461 | Location: SW Okla | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mike! Snow has covered these ol' Ozarks again, as well. But this here fire's a warm one!

Fiddlesticks

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, Mike. You're from the land of H. P. Lovecraft who haunted the streets of Providence to gather inspiration for his stories. Make yourself at home.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3481 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mike just a Greenhorn myself but there are lots of good folk here.

Hugh

never been lost, mighty confused for a month or three but never lost

Posts: 59 | Location: british columbia | Registered: 13 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mike,I'm also a Greenhorn who is over,way over, the hill.My outlook is better now then never.
You will find a great bunch of people here,in fact one member, SCLoyalist, has kind of taken me under his very knowledgeable wing and steering me in the right direction,and I Thank him again.

Posts: 81 | Location: N W Florida | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the fire. You will find very friendly helpful people here. I've been by the fire a short time but already learned a lot. Good luck on your Black Powder journey!

POW's & MIA's
Never Forget

Posts: 34 | Location: Orange County, NY | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire. The closer the fire you sit, the warmer it gets. Get in close and enjoy the friendship.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, We're almost neighbors but my camp is just a bit to the west of yours. Even so, we can enjoy the same Campfire, for sure. Make yourself welcome and let us know which way your stick floats. Shoot sharp's the word, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcome Mike...Good to see another greenhorn hear...New myself but have been a guest for awhile and these are the "genuine article". Truly Good People..and very welcoming and willing to share what they know... Beegum

Posts: 44 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: 16 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to all who have welcomed me to the campfire !!!
Appreciate the comments and have picked up some mighty good tips.
I am shooting a T/C hawken,50 cal, percussion.
Last time out a friend gave me some shooting patches from a sheet ( 180 thread count)
Soaked in olive oil, they worked out real good !!!!
Ended up hittin 9 out of 10 in a woods walk.
Since then, folks been talken about "balistol oil mixed with melted bore butter" ??????

I usually stick with what works,but any comments on this mix ?????

Thanks Folks!

MikeV

Posts: 11 | Registered: 08 February 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post