New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hello from Mississippi
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Been lurking here for a while and decided to join. I live in central Mississippi about 25 miles SW of Jackson and have been shooting/building muzzleloaders since 1970. My primary interests are target shooting and hunting. Hope to learn some stuff here and perhaps share some knowledge.
Be Well,
Bill

Posts: 5 | Location: Raymond, Ms. | Registered: 06 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, willyr. Have a seat, warm your toes and tell us more about yourself and your ML life. There are lots of kindred spirits passing the coffee pot around so grab a cup.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3504 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<mtnmike>
posted
Welcome in willyr,rest a spell

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
Welcome. I have a brother in Bogachetou [spelling]. About an hour south of Jackson.

Posts: 154 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome, guys. Doc Or that would be Bogue Chitto- Choctaw for big creek. Everyone but the Choctaw pronounce it as you spelled it. They pronounce it " Boag Cheeto".
Hanshi, I built my firts ML in 1970 from some parts ordered from Dixie Gun Works. The first shot I ever fired from a ML was with this rifle. I was hooked and have sunk deeper into the abyss ever since. My personal favorites are the East Tennessee style longrifles and Hawken rifles.
Be Well,
Bill

Posts: 5 | Location: Raymond, Ms. | Registered: 06 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to fire willyr this is good place to be with many nice folks. Sounds like you have been bitten by the bug like the rest of us.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post