Find
Notify
Tools

I WAS LOST BUT NOW IM FOUND
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted
been gone for awile but im back now hi mike nesbitt. heidi and i hope to see you at paul bunyon

AKA "CODY" KEEP'IN IT DRY

Posts: 14 | Location: pacfic northwest | Registered: 28 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome, spooky. Come sit by the fire and renew old acquaintances and make more new ones.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted Hide Post
THANKS HANSHI GOT ANY COFFIE? I WOULD LIKE TO PLAY A SONG ON MY MOUNTAIN BANJO

Posts: 14 | Location: pacfic northwest | Registered: 28 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
HEY! Another picker!

Howdy Spooky, got a pot of cowboy coffee if'in you got a taste-a shine! At any rate. come sit a spell and lets pick some.

Iche Iia

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Posts: 379 | Location: Prince George, Virginia | Registered: 04 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted Hide Post
IM STILL LEARNI'N BUT ITS FUN ANYWAY AND I THINK IT SOUNDS GOOD. I PLAY AN INSTRAMENT CALLED A STRUMSTICK. 3 STRINGS. HAND MADE BY A FRIEND

Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
I’ve been playing guitar off and on since I was 15 but I’m still learning too. I just play for my own enjoyment anymore and every once in a while at our rendezvous, nothing too serious. Never heard of a strum stick, I will have to investigate that.

I’m an old “rocker” that’s been converted to country music. Somehow Little Richard and Chuck Berry didn’t go over too big around the camp fire…………go figure. LOL

Iche Iia

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

Posts: 379 | Location: Prince George, Virginia | Registered: 04 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
There's a pot of joe around here somewhere, spooky. Get it on with that strumstick and if we're very very lucky none of these codgers will try and sing along. Big Grin During my college days I played guitar and upright bass in three different bands, one country, one rock and (my favorite) a folk group. Entertain us and I promise not to drag out an instrument.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted Hide Post
WELL TELL WHAT TOU DO GO TO YOUTUBE AND PUT IN STRUMSTICK AND CHECK IT OUT AND IF YOU LIKE IT I WILL GIGV YOU MY FRIENDS NUMBER HE MAKES THEM BY HAND AND MAKES THREE MODELS FOR ABOUT $120.00

Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
Well Spooky, I guess you taught an ole dog a new trick. I didn't know there was such a thing. Pretty neat.

I have a nice Martin acoustic/electric but after fooling with this country music stuff for awhile I went looking for a Classical acoustic/electric to try to get that Willie Nelson sound but didn't want to break the bank on something that I was not sure I would like.

Long story short, I found an inexpensive one on E-Bay (about the price of your strum stick) and really fell in love with both the sound and the feel of it. Now the Martin sits mostly in the rack and I play one of the cheapest guitars I ever bought.

Iche Iia

Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted Hide Post
very nice i cannt read music yet but would like to pick up a bango next you going to any rondi's this weekend? we are going to 32th annual paul bunyan rondi in Puyallip Wa this weekend

Booshway
Picture of sawbones
posted Hide Post
I just got a minstrel banjo from a yahoo up in your neck of the woods! From Sequim, WA I think
It is supposed to get here tomorrow. I am moving up that way, maybe sometime we can meet and do some pickin...

Never flinch

Posts: 524 | Location: Surprise Valley, California/Nevada | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted Hide Post
oh yea we would to have you at some of of our rondies..

Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
Spooky, Sorry to be so long getting back to ya but work has been a bear for the last few weeks.

Nothing planned for the next few weeks. I have our club voo coming up in mid June and also a club shoot but that's about it. I had to miss the big voo at Belle Grove, VA because of work but maybe next year.

In the mean time I have just been working on new music to play in June.

Iche Iia

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Spooky
Welcome to the fire. Do you know if they make left handed banjoes?.......B Staley

The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you get home.

Posts: 959 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted Hide Post
i'm not sure but you can contact him JACK BOWERS 360-623-0036

Greenhorn
Picture of Mark Hall
posted Hide Post
Welcome spooky. New myself, lots of good info and people here. See ya down the trail

Posts: 48 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 28 May 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
Hey Spooky, can ya pick the Wild Wood Flower on that thing??

Iche Iia

Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted Hide Post
not sur i would have to hear it

Booshway
Picture of Iche Iia
posted Hide Post
I don’t know how much you are into country music but this is the earliest video that I could find of it with Mother Maybelle Carter playing and singing. Don’t worry if you don’t understand some of the words, the song was written in the 20’s with a lot of “hillbilly” words. Sitting and playing the auto harp in this video is a very young June Carter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewnfWoSQz3o

This one is one of the last performances that I could find of Mother Maybelle playing it on the Johnny Cash TV show. (Johnny married June Carter, Mother Maybelle’s daughter.) Look closely at Mother Maybelle’s style of picking. It was dubbed the “brush stroke”. Quite unique and creates a very full sound from a single guitar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENS4nD0vRKI&NR=1

Iche Iia

Greenhorn
Picture of spooky
posted Hide Post
ok thanks i will check it out