MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Welcome to the 'Fire!    Saw your fire. Thanks for the invite to warm my bones.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saw your fire. Thanks for the invite to warm my bones.
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
Picture of Palehorse
posted
After 5 years of out of state hunting with bolt actions, I have rediscovered the simple pleasure of one charge, one ball, one prime, one shot.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Posts: 8 | Location: IndianaKY | Registered: 26 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Looks like you've chosen well there, Palehorse. And welcome to the Fire!

As long as there's Limb Bacon a man'll eat! (But mebbe not his wife...)

Posts: 4816 | Location: Buffalo River Country | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Nice looking set-up you've got there Smiler

Posts: 11 | Location: Albany, GA | Registered: 23 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, palehorse. You are on the right road with your rifle and other equipment. It becomes an addiction so be prepared to start accumulating.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3481 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
Picture of Palehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
It becomes an addiction so be prepared to start accumulating.

I hope I am over that. I just spent the last several years paring 43 guns down to 3. Starting selling my gun tools last fall.

Got three kids with nary an interest. I decided to sell to someone who will enjoy it now.

ZZZZZzzzzzzzz

Posts: 8 | Location: IndianaKY | Registered: 26 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Ah, but this is black powder, a much stronger drug. Wait till you get a flinter; you'll be totally lost on the dark side with no way out.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3481 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Palehorse,

Welcome to the fire. There are many friendly people here willing to share ideas and guide you on your Black Powder journey!

Good Luck
Charlie

POW's & MIA's
Never Forget

Posts: 34 | Location: Orange County, NY | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Johnny Reb
posted Hide Post
Welcome palehorse Smiler

"All tyranny needs to gain a foot hold is for People of good conscious to remain silent"
Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 110 | Registered: 20 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Wecome home Palehorse. Keep your powder dry and enjoy the smoke!

Posts: 219 | Location: n.e. ohio | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Palehorse; Welcome to the fire. Looks life you're on the right path. I'm sure you will enjoy this E-site called the Fire. I beleive you've already noticed all the great people on this site. They are lots of company and beleive it or not, a great source of information and or help.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pilgrim
posted Hide Post
that is a good looking rifle nice bit of figure in the wood too.
Welcome

Hugh

never been lost, mighty confused for a month or three but never lost

Posts: 59 | Location: british columbia | Registered: 13 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post