New
Find
Notify
Tools

family ties to woodsmen
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
i just found out why i have black powder in my veins!!
a year ago in my searching family history i

found out i share 20th ggparents to danl boone.

now this morning i added david crockett.

what a blast! can you see the smoke?

Posts: 33 | Location: mo. ozarks | Registered: 02 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of MountainRanger
posted Hide Post
That's a proud heritage. I on the other hand am descended from a long line of scoundrels, drunkards and general neer-do-wells. Of course we have fought in most of the wars of this country and before, occasionally on both sides.

I think you have something great to pass along to your kids and grand kids.

Sua Sponte

Posts: 460 | Location: SW Virginia (New River Valley) | Registered: 13 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I like to say that some of my ancestors came over on the Mayflower,and some met them when they got here....I also had ancestors on both sides of the Revolutionary War.

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
I used to think that my last name was the result of names being changed to protect the guilty,but found out later it was legit...go figure.

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
My people came over when they ran out of potatoes to eat. Move or starve and the English crown wasn't just about to help. So move we did. Many used their last token of savings or scraped up enough for "steerage" passage. This was the no frills section on board ships where you supplied your own food.

When Paddy came ashore at New York, he was prime subject for next to slave labor. Do we see any similarities to the Chinese that the railroads brought over in the later 1800's?

I won't comment on todays illegal immigrants because all the Paddy's from Ireland were legal. They had to pass their health test at Ellis Island before being allowed access to New York City and the mainland.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
First war my ancestors fought on the wining/correct side was ww2. the first real world war the so called F&I on the French Indian side, The skirmishes' before on the Native American side, War of Independence was with the loyalists. We sat out the next big 3.

Posts: 109 | Location: NH | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Hey - I just made my first Scottish ancestor connection. John Burnell, born near Falkirk, Scotland about 1530.
Does this qualify me to wear a kilt?

Know what you believe in. Fight for your beliefs. Never compromise away your rights.

Posts: 1296 | Location: Cherokee Land, Tenasi | Registered: 06 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Why certainly....Are you Scot enough to go Au Naturel underneath,however?

Booshway
posted Hide Post
Rancocas I wouldn't wear that in the winter. Big Grin

Posts: 353 | Location: Pocono Mts. in PA | Registered: 12 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome from the Rocky Mountains

"I don't know where we're goin', but there's no sense bein' late." Quigley

Posts: 104 | Location: The Beehive State | Registered: 12 April 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post