Notify
Tools

Hi all!
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Hello
Just a quick introduction, I suppose:
My name is Eric, and I have been reenacting since about '73. I'm guessing that, as my parents tell me I spent my first rendezvous in diapers.
Anyway, I'm a high school special education teacher and coach. Busy busy, ya know.
I suppose you could sum up my persona as a hunter, but I primarily enjoy studying the time period from the F&I War through the end of the Revolution. I suppose longhunters don't really fit in there, eh?
I hunt quite a bit with my .44 cal flinter and am getting into bird hunting with either my Bess or my Charleville.
I'm always looking to get out in the woods in fall and early winter, so the upcoming color/temperature change has me fired up!
Thanks for listening, and I hope to talk to you all soon.
E

Posts: 2 | Registered: 20 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to fire Eric. Fall gets me going to I can't wait to get out and do some deer hunting.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to camp, Eric. The second half of the 18th century is also my favorite period. You have a lot of company, here.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Graybeard
posted Hide Post
Welcome! I'm a newcomer here myself.

Posts: 214 | Location: Big Arm Montana | Registered: 17 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Welcome Eric,I'm very much a newcomer myself....Nice to see another smoothbore guy,I'm in the process of buying a Charleville trade gun conversion,so I'm trying to learn as much as I can re: loads,techniques,etc.So we have a lot to talk about....

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
Picture of Fincastle
posted Hide Post
Well met Eric, I am new here as well, us greenhorns have got to stick together. From what I've learned so far this is a great bunch of friendly folks. Lot's to learn on here, and some good friends to be made it seems. I too portray and study roughly the same era, from the 1730's up to the end of the fur trade, 1840.

Farmer/Longhunter/Militia/Trader/Merchant whatever, you fit right in that time period just fine, IMHO.

Chris

A nod's as good as a blink to a blind horse

Posts: 143 | Location: Indiana Territory | Registered: 22 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire Elarges. It's about time you stepped up front and closer to fire. This way you will stay warmer and enjoy the topics a little better.

Be careful of who you listen to at this fire. There are those who might just try pulling your leg.

Load fast and aim slow.

Posts: 1726 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post