New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intro and questions
 Login/Join

Greenhorn
posted
Howdy everyone, I'm new here but not to the sport built my first rifle back in 1980. I have a .50 side lock a .50 inline ( I know, but I wasn't going to scope my side lock and my eyes are failing fast! I just bought a .32 for squirrel that I haven't even sighted in yet. BUT!!! The reason I'm here is to find info on my latest addition and the pride of my gun cabinet.... A .45 flinter built by BJ Habermehl of PA. It's a sexy full stocker of I think the lancaster style? Anyhow it was the 30th anniversary raffle gun for Dixons makers fair!!! The lock is a Chambers the stock from Wayne Dunlap. The barrel is a getz blank rifled by Mel and Paul Hartranft at last yrs makers fair. The castings are from a man named Keck. Any info from the community would really help me learn more about this remarkable rifle. Thanks guys!

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Posts: 1 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 09 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the campfire, njfrontstuffer. You have a deluxe rifle totally out of my league. I have a .45 LL and love the style and caliber. I'm sure others will post with help.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3559 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Wow terrific gun and out of my league too. Welcome to the fire nj.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the fire. Great group with a lot of helpful people that have been real good to me. I too wish I could help answer your questions but again it is out of my league as well. I know there are others that can help you though. Just wanted to welcome you in.

Bearclaw

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Hey Stuffer, Welcome to the fire, for sure. Now, for more proper details about your rifle you might want to go back to Dixon's. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Hi, nj! Welcome to the fire! I'm pretty new here myself, but so far I'm greatly impressed with the friendly atmosphere! There's a great bunch of folks with a great bunch of knowledge!
God bless!
~Josh

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by njfrontstuffer:
Howdy everyone, I'm new here but not to the sport built my first rifle back in 1980. I have a .50 side lock a .50 inline ( I know, but I wasn't going to scope my side lock and my eyes are failing fast! I just bought a .32 for squirrel that I haven't even sighted in yet. BUT!!! The reason I'm here is to find info on my latest addition and the pride of my gun cabinet.... A .45 flinter built by BJ Habermehl of PA. It's a sexy full stocker of I think the lancaster style? Anyhow it was the 30th anniversary raffle gun for Dixons makers fair!!! The lock is a Chambers the stock from Wayne Dunlap. The barrel is a getz blank rifled by Mel and Paul Hartranft at last yrs makers fair. The castings are from a man named Keck. Any info from the community would really help me learn more about this remarkable rifle. Thanks guys!

Posts: 9 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post