MUZZLELOADER Magazine    The Campfire: Main Forum List  Hop To Forum Categories  The Campfire Discussion Forums  Hop To Forums  Welcome to the 'Fire!    Let’s get these coals stirred up again!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let’s get these coals stirred up again!
 Login/Join

Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Ron, i haven't been able to figure out what these buttons have against the buttonholes. Mine don't want to come even a little bit close.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Heh,I used to have the same problem.Luckily I figured out how to reverse the process....Diet and exercise,LOLOLOLOL!!!! :P

Beer is proof that God loves us,and wants us to be happy-B. Franklin

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Now to figure out how to have more energy,and get my body to work again....

Posts: 2014 | Location: Oreegun Territory | Registered: 24 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Well now, that's the dangdest thing! It tried my old USAF uniforms on, and they had shrunk so much, the shirt wouldn't close, and the pants wouldn't even come all the way up. Talk about your shrinkage! Sheesh. Not only that, the shirts won't even let me move, at all. You're right, lousy material. (heh, heh, heh)

Posts: 33 | Location: Bentonville, Arkansas | Registered: 26 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
Picture of Hanshi
posted Hide Post
Well, considering my svelte, girlish figure, I should still be able to wear my old fatigues and pants I've had for.....well, a while. Ah, but no dice.

*Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.*

Posts: 3560 | Location: Maine (by way of Georgia then Va.) | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free Trapper
posted Hide Post
My Navy uniforms all changed size also. And not for the better. Mark

Posts: 164 | Location: Burlington, Wisconsin | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Listened to a nice young lady explaining how to get dressed 1780 style. No buttons, she said it was great. You just pinned your clothes to fit the way you wanted.

She said is was especially good for the ladies. Not sure what she meant by that.

anything worth shooting is worth shooting once.

Posts: 126 | Location: Demokratik Republik of Washington | Registered: 29 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmm. Having been in this re-enacting thing for over 36 years, and read countless things written about clothing, etc. of the 18th century, I'd really have to dispute this one. They did use buttons, plus hook and eye closures. The only things pinned on, were usually just aprons and such. Even pockets were tied on. I suppose if a lady is just standing around, pinning might work, for a while, but get to actually participating, and she will very quickly find the glaring error of her approach,

Posts: 33 | Location: Bentonville, Arkansas | Registered: 26 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
So that's why great-great-great-grandpappy was always complaining about his fingers hurting, they were quite literally booby traps!!
Smiler

Posts: 429 | Location: Delmarva | Registered: 22 December 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Osprey.....Oy.......