Find
Notify
Tools

New knifesmith
 Login/Join

Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted
Hi, everyone. I'm a new knife maker, and just joined this site. I got hooked on blacksmithing, knifemaking, etc, when I visited Jud Brennan's shop in Alaska. He helped me make a knife, and helped me get a forge for myself later that summer when he cam down through Michigan for the CLA show in Lexington. I've made about 9 or 10 knives so far, so I'm just a greenhorn. Jud Brennan, Carlton Matteo, and TC Albert have all helped me along the way.
~Josh

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Greenhorn
posted Hide Post
Welcom to the fire Josh...this is a great place to be. I think youll like the folks here...
tc

Posts: 29 | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Factor
posted Hide Post
Josh, Please show us some of your work. Feel welcome here, for sure, and stay a while. Shoot sharp, Mike

Posts: 3531 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 25 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hivernant
posted Hide Post
Hey Josh. Glad your here. Great bunch of folks here and a wealth of knowledge. I too would like to see your work and maybe get a few pointers from ya.
Bearclaw

Posts: 117 | Location: Texas Panhandle, North of the Canadian | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
Picture of Josh Crain
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everybody! I've put a couple pictures of my stuff for you to veiw.
I've got a rifleman's knife here with tiger-striped curly maple handle. How do you get more than one picture in a message?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Josh Crain,

"Return unto me, and I will return unto you," saith the Lord of hosts.
~Malachi 3:7b

Rifleman's Knife

Posts: 297 | Location: MI | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Booshway
posted Hide Post
Josh welcome to the fire. Great folks here with plenty of knowledge to share. Nice looking knife and sheath. Thank you for sharing your work.

BC

"Better fare hard with good men than feast it with bad."
Thomas Paine

Posts: 649 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post